Stop HA with HASSIO

Hi,
Is there another way to stop HA when running it with HASSIO on a Raspberry PI? I want to change the Central Scene class in the Zwave Config file but it keeps getting overwritten. I have attempted the Stop button under Configuration/General but it says failed to call service and just reboots. I do not see a stop command on the CLI when I connected via SSH just a restart.

From CLI you can run:

hassio homeassistant stop

I thought of that but when i run it I get "No homeassistant command ‘stop’ found!

if you type hassio on it’s own, do you get a list of parameters/usage?

It does this when the bloody thing is locked up. Only a reboot fixes it for me. You’ll also find within HA you can’t access the Hassio page…

Yes this is what i get.

HomeAssistant:
  $ hassio homeassistant logs
  $ hassio homeassistant restart
  $ hassio homeassistant update
  $ hassio homeassistant check

Host:
  $ hassio host hardware
  $ hassio host reboot
  $ hassio host shutdown
  $ hassio host update

Supervisor
  $ hassio supervisor logs
  $ hassio supervisor info
  $ hassio supervisor reload
  $ hassio supervisor update

Odd, mine lists more options. Could you post your versions from your Hass.io page?

Actually if you go into the Hassio section and click the top right, then Advanced settings, it will show all the current versions.

Hmm so I’m running the exact same versions. I only have Lets Encrypt, SSH Server and Samba Share installed add-ons so I’m not sure if that would make a difference.

Here is what my hassio command shows:

HomeAssistant:
  $ hassio homeassistant logs
  $ hassio homeassistant restart
  $ hassio homeassistant stop
  $ hassio homeassistant start
  $ hassio homeassistant update
  $ hassio homeassistant check

Host:
  $ hassio host hardware
  $ hassio host reboot
  $ hassio host shutdown
  $ hassio host update

Supervisor
  $ hassio supervisor logs
  $ hassio supervisor info
  $ hassio supervisor reload
  $ hassio supervisor update```

Are you connecting in with the following:

ssh [email protected] ?

Also, which version of SSH add-on do you have?

Hey Guys,
Thanks to @hoffsta in another thread I figured out the problem. I never thought about updating the SSH Add-on which was at 2.7. Once updated it was at 3.0 and the “hassio homeassistant stop” command worked as everyone was stating it should.

Thats a good one to remember. So it looks as though at least anything below 2.7 does not have the stop command and maybe even lower than 2.9 as i know thats what hoffsta has running.

Thanks for all the help. I was honestly getting frustrated as everyone was saying it works for them.