Strange Automation Results turning things off then back on

I have three porch lights on zwave switches. I have the front and back porch set to turn on at the same time, with the other front light staggered by a minute or so to simulate it being manual.

Randomly - and this occurs during both the TURN ON and the TURN OFF - one of the lights will turn off but randomly turn back on.

Here’s a trace:
Call service switch.turn_off on entities switch.back_patio_switch_2, switch.front_porch_switch
(switch.front_porch_switch) turned off
(switch.back_patio_switch_2) turned off
Delay for {“hours”:0,“minutes”:2,“seconds”:38,“milliseconds”:0}
3 minutes later
Call service switch.turn_off on entities switch.garage_coach_switch
(switch.garage_coach_switch) turned off
1 second later
(switch.garage_coach_switch) turned on
Finished at August 30, 2022 at 7:12:25 AM (runtime: 158.37 seconds)

He turned it all off ok, but that 2nd to last night, he turned the light back on!

Here’s my YAML.

alias: Turn OFF Porch Lights Morning
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: sun
    event: sunrise
    offset: "+0:09:00"
condition: []
action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id:
        - switch.back_patio_switch_2
        - switch.front_porch_switch
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 2
      seconds: 38
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: switch.turn_off
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: switch.garage_coach_switch
mode: single

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks!

I get this randomly, I run an automation that will turn off lights, then a few seconds later the lights will turn back on.

It does seem to only happen with ZWave devices, I have a suspicion that theres a bug with the the lights service and zwave. Just this morning I have it turn outside lights off, the zwave ones turned on 10 seconds later, the Hue Lights stayed off.

Seem related to only ZWave devices for me at least

Do you have helpers to turn your switches into lights? Or you just use them as the default “switch”?

Reason I ask is I wonder if it’s a state thing where it tries to change both and ZWave freaks out?

I’m not running any helpers. In fact, I’m not sure what they are - I’ve been running HA for only a year or so.

These devices are also ZWAVE. Funny though, after I posted this, they seemed to have gotten their act together and I haven’t seen this behavior since.

In any event, it was my first HA implementation. Just this weekend, I’m starting over fresh, trying to implement with more best practices.

Thanks.