Strange behavior file editor can't find solution

Hi,

Is there someone who can / will help me with this problem?
I have worked all day in HA File editor but after last restart I get this screen.
Have tried to restart and uninstall / install file editor but problem kept coming. Maybe I dit something stupid .

Who can help me with this?
Thanks in advance
Bas

Had me confused too - make sure you have enabled the configs properly in the add-on.

@Neil_Brownlee
thanks for your quick reply. Sorry, I have the same setting as in your screenshot. but still can’t see my file editor properly.
lingers in “Branch”

normally you press the left arrow to go to /config but that doesn’t work.

Did you restart the add-on?

yes I did, no luck

I guess you could uninstall and reinstall the add-on - might help?

I have tried that too, no luck yet.
every time that I tried something I restart HA, but nothing

Try this config :

unfortunately this doesn’t work either :pensive:

This looks very similar to the issue reported here: File Editor formatting issues caused by a binary sensor (state attributes) · Issue #217 · danielperna84/hass-configurator · GitHub

I never got feedback from the user who has reported the issue, so I couldn’t fix it. If the issue still persists, please post the complete source code of the frame at the linked issue. Make sure to redact confidential information of course.

To get the source code, right click in the area where you’re seeing all that text. In chrome the context menu should provide an option (roughly translated from german): “show frame source”. The resulting tab should then show you the raw HTML that generates the site. Publish that as a gist and post the link to the gist in the issue.

@danielperna84
thanks for thinking along. That indeed looks the same. Yesterday I created all sensors to keep track of the costs of water use. I copied this from a site.
I also downloaded a HACS plugin. (Lovelace Mini Graph Card)

I don’t understand the last part of your comment. I see (right click → show frame source) the code but how do I show it? Should I paste that into issue #217? What is “gist”? I looked at that page where I end up when I click on it, but I don’t understand it (yet).

A “gist” is like an online storage for text. When you go to that linked site, you should be able to copy and paste the HTML into the teaxtarea, define a filename in the smaller textbox above, and then save the file. This will allow you to post a link to the file at the issue at GitHub.

thanks, I have made an gist I guess.
I think it worked, would you please check the issue on Github to see if I did it right?

Yes, you did it correctly. I will have a look at it when I can spare some time. :+1:

No idea what solved the problem, but I returned file editor !
Appreciate your help, thank you!