Strange device pairing with Zigbee2mqtt

Hello all.

I have something strange where I would appreciate any ideas.
I’m running HA on a Proxmox server with a Conbee2 Stick attacked. I’m using Zigbee2Mqtt.There are around 70 Devices paired and working all over the house. All from different vendors, a few of them sometimes loose control (Gledopto RGB strips and Nue 3A RGB controller), but everything else works fine.
To get a signal message in case smoke is detected, I bought “frient Intelligent Smoke Alarm” from Amazon. I first bought one if them. A first connection try failed, but after placing it close to the Conbee it get detected as “develco-smszb-120”. All values are transported by Zigbee2Mqtt including the temperature (x °C) and reliability value (no_fault_detected).
Therefore I bought 3 more. They all paired.
But - they do send only parts of the messages - I don’t get temperature or reliability. Only smoke and alert. All of them reporting a different firmware date, but no firmware version. The working one and one not working one is reporting the same firmware day but with different times.

I can not really imaging that I bought 3 faulty devices…
Does anybody has any idea what to do? I would like to see the temperature value which is currently reported as Null. Because if this for me zigbee2mqtt is also in the “game”. I’m running Zigbee2mqtt Edge - which I updated 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Oliver

PS:
Here are 2 messages - EG-RM1 is working, EE-RM1 is NOT working:
Zigbee2MQTT:info 2022-01-08 08:54:58: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/EG-RM1', payload '{"alarm":null,"battery":100,"battery_low":false,"enrolled":true,"fault":false,"ias_cie_address":"0x00212effff06a480","last_seen":"2022-01-08T08:54:58+01:00","linkquality":255,"max_duration":240,"reliability":"no_fault_detected","restore_reports":true,"smoke":false,"supervision_reports":true,"temperature":20.12,"test":false,"update":{"state":"idle"},"update_available":false,"voltage":3000,"zone_id":23}'

… and not working:

Zigbee2MQTT:info 2022-01-08 08:54:50: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/EE-RM1', payload '{"alarm":null,"battery":100,"battery_low":false,"fault":null,"last_seen":"2022-01-08T08:54:50+01:00","linkquality":255,"max_duration":null,"reliability":null,"restore_reports":true,"smoke":false,"supervision_reports":true,"temperature":null,"test":false,"update":{"state":"idle"},"update_available":false,"voltage":3000}'

In the meantime I found a way to partially add the temperature. I’ve used the Zigbee2MQTT Device view → Reporting and add an endpoint “38”, Cluster “Temperature”, Attribute “measuredValue” an I get the temperature value.

To be honest I don’t like to do things which I don’t understand… But - at least - I got the temperature…

2 Likes

after executing a read of all supported ias parameters (screenshot below), the reliability is visible… but not sure if it is updated from time to time.

adding it to reporting is not working

worked here also… how would i get the rest?

I got temperature and battery with these settings: