Strange error after update to 0.86.1

I am getting this error in config check afte update:

Invalid config for [automation]: [minutes] is an invalid option for [automation]. Check: automation->trigger->0->minutes. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 286). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/
Invalid config for [automation]: [minutes] is an invalid option for [automation]. Check: automation->trigger->0->minutes. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 286). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/
Invalid config for [automation]: [minutes] is an invalid option for [automation]. Check: automation->trigger->1->minutes. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 286). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/

I have not changed anything before updating. If I revert back to 0.85 my config is OK.
Seems something related to identation somewhere, but why it is changed only after update??

At line 286 in config I have:

group: !include groups.yaml

There was something in the changelog about automations time triggers no longer supporting minuites hours etc. Might be related to that.

change any “- platform: time” reference that uses the syntax of minutes: ie

- platform: time
  minutes: '/15'

to use the “- platform: time_pattern” instead: ie

- platform: time_pattern
  minutes: '/15'

If you use the syntax hh:mm:ss then just leave it as is with just the “- platform: time”.

3 Likes

Ok, I had a package containing automations using the wrong platform.
Now it is fixed, thanks!!

Good evening. Just update to 0.86.1 and now HA can not start. Here is the log:

2019-01-24 23:09:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [homeassistant]: [group.computer_shutdown__restart] is an invalid option for [homeassistant]. Check: homeassistant->customize->group.computer_shutdown__restart. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 8). 
2019-01-24 23:09:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1103, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: (ServiceNotFound(...), 'Service persistent_notification.create not found') 

Any idea?

What does line 8 of your configuration.yaml look like? Could you please show us that part of your file?

Had the same issue. I disable the package named “Battery Alert” and could load it.

Same problem here, from 85.1 to 86.1 on hassio.

19-01-24 20:27:12 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant with version 0.86.1
19-01-24 20:37:17 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Don’t wait anymore of Home Assistant startup!
19-01-24 20:37:17 CRITICAL (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] HomeAssistant update fails -> rollback!

Now working on 85.1 (don’t know what happens when doing a hard reset, poweroff/poweron, but unlike to trie). Owntrack and/or Battery Alert its not present in configuration.yaml

Any idea what i could do?

There’s a clue.

Find invalid ID’s…

any entity starting or ending with a _ has that deleted
Any double _ has 1 deleted.

This was made VERY clear in the release notes yet still people ask here instead of reading them.

Dear David,

I’d like to thank you very much for your professional help. I understand that you are a professional and we forum visitors unfortunately only simple users of Home Assistant (otherwise we would be on the Developer forum and not here). Since you are the expert and I just an ordinary user, I’ve immediately worked following your advice. As a user, of course, I can read, but I must admit that Python, Raspberry, yawl and so on means about the same to me as, maybe, for you antique art history or microsurgery at the open heart. Anyway, this was the result of my research:

No double ‘’ in “search entity”
No blank_ ’ ’ in “search entity”
No blank
’ in “search entity”
No double '
’ in confighuration.yaml
No blank_ ’ ’ in confighuration.yaml
No blank
’ in confighuration.yaml
No double ‘’ in automation.yaml
No blank_ ’ ’ in automation.yaml
No blank
’ in automation.yaml
No double '
’ in customize.yaml (had time__date!)
No blank_ ’ ’ in customize.yaml
No blank
’ in customize.yaml
No double ‘’ in groups.yaml (had time__date!)
No blank_ ’ ’ in groups.yaml
No blank
’ in groups.yaml
No double '
’ in known_devices.yaml
No blank_ ’ ’ in known_devices.yaml
No blank
’ in known_devices.yaml
No double ‘’ in scripts.yaml
No blank_ ’ ’ in scripts.yaml
No blank
’ in scripts.yaml
No double '
’ in secrets.yaml
No blank_ ’ ’ in secrets.yaml
No blank
’ in secrets.yaml
No double ‘__’ in ios.conf
No blank_ ’ _’ in ios.conf
In home-assistant.log there are six 'init" in different lines of some sockets: (File “/usrlocal/lib/python3.6/site-packages/samsungctl/remote.py”, line(different), in init)

So I solved the two tiny problems (on customize.yaml and groups.yaml) and reinstalled the 86.1 upgrade once more. Result: exactly the same as before (still on 85.1, all works but no upgrade). Dear crack, maybe i did again not read well what you told me? Did I not understand what I had to look for? The problem (and it is not the first time it does show up on this forum, not only regarding version 86.1!) is not solved for me. Any other idea?

Thanks a lot for any help, and any comment that may be useful to that.

2 Likes

I have a similar error after this upgrade:

2019-01-25 09:21:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [homeassistant]: [media_player.roku_2_xd__12c28c016609] is an invalid option for [homeassistant]. Check: homeassistant->customize->media_player.roku_2_xd__12c28c016609. (See /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml, line 2). 
2019-01-25 09:21:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1106, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: (ServiceNotFound(...), 'Service persistent_notification.create not found')

I disabled any reference to the roku and things really got bad then. My once nice formatted UI under version .85.2 went from:

To this under v86.2

The log file now shows

2019-01-25 10:14:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] legacy_api_password support has been enabled. If you don’t require it, remove the ‘api_password’ from your http config.
2019-01-25 10:14:22 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Database is about to upgrade. Schema version: None
2019-01-25 10:16:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [group]: Entity ID binary_sensor.furnace_room_wemo__motion_1 is an invalid entity id for dictionary value @ data[‘group’][‘motionstatus’][‘entities’]. Got [‘binary_sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_furnacemotion6’, ‘binary_sensor.aeotec_dsb05_multisensor_sensor’, ‘binary_sensor.furnace_room_wemo__motion_1’, ‘binary_sensor.furnace_room_wemo_motion_2’, ‘binary_sensor.st_foyer_motion’, ‘binary_sensor.zooz_famroom_motion’, ‘binary_sensor.zooz_garage_motion’]
Entity ID switch.christmas_tree_ is an invalid entity id for dictionary value @ data[‘group’][‘OfficeMain’][‘entities’]. Got None. (See /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml, line 896). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/group/
2019-01-25 10:16:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for group: Invalid config.
2019-01-25 10:16:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for device_tracker.life360 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-01-25 10:16:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: Entity ID binary_sensor.furnace_room_wemo__motion_1 is an invalid entity id for dictionary value @ data[‘trigger’][0][‘entity_id’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/
2019-01-25 10:16:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: Entity ID binary_sensor.furnace_room_wemo__motion_1 is an invalid entity id for dictionary value @ data[‘trigger’][0][‘entity_id’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/
2019-01-25 10:16:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [automation]: Entity ID sensor.disk_use_percent_ is an invalid entity id for dictionary value @ data[‘trigger’][0][‘entity_id’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/automation/
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of script. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for script: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of automation. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for automation: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of light. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for light: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of device_tracker. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for device_tracker: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of cover. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for cover: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of fan. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for fan: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of lock. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for lock: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of switch. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:16:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for switch: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:17:51 WARNING (Dummy-25) [openzwave] Z-Wave Notification ValueRemoved for an unknown value ({‘id’: 72057597834559488}) on node 226
2019-01-25 10:17:52 WARNING (Dummy-25) [openzwave] Z-Wave Notification ValueRemoved for an unknown value ({‘id’: 72057597844324355}) on node 226
2019-01-25 10:17:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of remote. Setup failed for dependencies: group
2019-01-25 10:17:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for remote: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-25 10:18:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from 192.168.1.230

I saw posts that others have reverted back to .85. How do I do this??

Double underscore ‘__’ won’t work under 86.x (see David’s Hint)

Sorry David, I read the changelog as usual but missed that one:

This issue also impacts the entity registry, which could contain in some rare cases invalid entity IDs. Expect entity IDs to change if they contained a double underscore (which becomes 1) or if they started/ended in an underscore (which will be removed).

You are right after reading it again it is clear. My appology for making loosing time to some of you.

I’ve been having issues trying to update this evening, the only error’s I could find where:
19-01-25 17:57:10 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Don't wait anymore of Home Assistant startup! 19-01-25 17:57:10 CRITICAL (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] HomeAssistant update fails -> rollback!

I was 100% sure I didn’t have any entity ID’s with a double underscore, but low & behold after searching my files I found the culprit.
Thankfully the update worked and now it’s all sorted, thanks for the “__” info as I didn’t even know I have any entity ID’s with it.

Same here had some “__” in my groups.yaml…
Thanks for the hint!

Louis… just to be clear… I am just a user just like you - not a professional. It could also be a time trigger in an automation however it seems from your posted error above that it’s maybe not related to anything like that and the upgrade is failing for some reason. The time issue and entity_id issue doesn’t cause it to roll back like that.

I found in:
/config/.storage/core.entity_registry
the following double underscores:
“config_entry_id”: null,
“device_id”: “b51673ebc222482a9af12804ee6d36f0”,
“disabled_by”: null,
“entity_id”: “sensor.internetgatewaydevicev2__aimcenter_packets_sent”,
“name”: null,
“platform”: “upnp”,
“unique_id”: “uuid:75802409-bccb-40e7-9f6c-C02506F0DD00_packets_sent”

aimcenter is my FritzBox Internet Router

Where can I edit this? Who names this ‘__aimcenter_packets_sent’ which is an activity and not an entity? Does this block the upgrade?

By the way, I did comment the net monitoring sensor of my FritzBox Router so that this sensor is no longer active. Anyhow the entries in the core.entity_registry is still there and the result is: no upgrade to 86.2/still on 85.1. working well

Oh damn!!!

I had that as well actually but @balloob had fixed that for the release of 0.86.0

What you could do is remove the UPnP/IGD integration and restart… try that and then try and upgrade again. If that still doesn’t work, then edit the core_entity file to remove the double __ but be very careful not to break JSON format, restart and try to upgrade again. That fixed it for me when I was on the beta but it was supposed to be fixed for release.

I actually think I fixed it by stopping the home assistant container (I use docker) and editing the file (I still had ssh access) and then restarting the container…