Stream Component: Confirmed Cameras and Configurations

Has anyone managed to get this working for SriCam cameras? Specifically SP012?

I’ve tried every possible configuration I can think of, but all I’m getting is a still image on Lovelace (with camera_view: live in my lovelace config) and when I click on the still a media player pops up, but just “loads” infinitely.

Ever since 0.91 I haven’t been able to watch a live stream from this camera; I was using ffmpeg and rtsp before 0.91 without issues (albeit just a single frame every 10 seconds on my Lovelace card).

Help me, please.
Capturar

Stream don’t work in frontend.
I have XiaoFang and Dafang hackeds and both perfectly worked with CAMERA.PLAY_STREAM to Chromecast, however don’t work in frontend.

My config (i included stream in configuration.yaml:

camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: Externa
    username: root
    password: !secret dafang_user
    authentication: basic
    still_image_url: https://192.168.0.152/cgi-bin/currentpic.cgi
    stream_source: rtsp://192.168.0.152:8554/unicast
    verify_ssl: false
1 Like

Have anyone experienced similar problem: I have successfully set up my video live stream in Lovelace, using the zoneminder component. It works very good in the web browser and on my Ipad mini, however I can`t get this to work on my Iphone 8, as well on my wifes Iphone X. The screen is just black. Any ideas?

1 Like

I resolved.
After to call camera.snapshot, the stream starts work.

Hi All,

I’m trying to use this IP camera with HA (Hass.io 0.93.1) to see its stream in Lovelace card.
Here’s the code in camera.yaml;

name: Dericam_generic
  still_image_url: http://192.168.0.58/tmpfs/auto.jpg
  password: !secret passwd

It worked for a while and then stopped, now it looks like this:
18%20(2)

and there is no errors in the log (but it generates errors “[homeassistant.components.generic.camera] Error getting new camera image: Cannot connect to host 192.168.0.58:80 ssl:None [Connection refused]” every second if I power off the camera).

The funny thing is I can see the camera’s feed if I paste the URL in my browser and enter password, so it’s not the camera issue.
Tried to clear cache, enable/dasable the component, updated to 0.93.1 to no avail…

How can I get it back even in generic mode?
UPDATE: after adding stream: to configuration.yaml and changing my card from this

entity: camera.dericam_generic
type: picture-entity

to this

camera: live
camera_image: camera.dericam_generic
entity: camera.dericam_generic
type: picture-entity

and adding stream_source to my camera component config:

stream_source: rtsp://admin:[email protected]/11

I’m able to see live stream if I click on the broken page icon:

but the “preload stream” checkbox (what’s that for?) covers part of the timestamp, very annoying… :
and there is about 5 seconds lag.

Also, the camera support ONVIF, but the following give me the similar visual outcome:

- platform: onvif
  name: Dericam
  host: 192.168.0.58
  password: !secret passwd

and in the HA log:

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif.camera] Couldn’t connect to camera ‘Dericam’, but will retry later. Error: Cannot connect to host 192.168.0.58:5000 ssl:None [Connection refused]

UPDATE: ONVIF component is working now, the issue was port (8080 instead of default 5000)

After 0.93 all my live streaming cameras (from BI) stopped working. I managed to have maybe 1 showing the video out of 7, and only after 10-15 seconds from opening the web page, and not always.

If i comment out “camera_view: live”, all still images appears quckly, but when clicking on one, no streaming comes.

Does anyone have the same problem?

My Wyze cams (with rtsp firmware) all started working again once I rebooted them. Looking better now.

Anyone having problems with video.record delay? video.snapshot does work instantly but with video.record I receive it takes a long time to save the video.mp4 and to send via Telegram

The same issue as AhmadK

camera:
- platform: mjpeg
  still_image_url: http://<CAM IP>:12199/img/snapshot.cgi?size=2&user=<USERNAME>&pwd=<PASSWORD>
  mjpeg_url: http://<CAM IP>:12199/videostream.cgi?user=<USERNAME>&pwd=<PASSWORD>
  verify_ssl: false
  name: Camera

This is for the Sannce i21AG Cam.
I used this link to find the info:
https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Sannce

Problem
There is an invalid response header from the camera, the data header. It comes without the date: part, only the date itself, so there is an error when trying to get the still_image, but beside that, the live stream works after clicking the camera component.

I’m having a strange problem with my Hikvision NVR (DS-7608HI-ST). At low resolutions (CIF or QCIF) the streams work fine, if somewhat small. However when I change to 4CIF to get the full resolution of the cameras, I still get a working stream, but it is green tinged and almost looks interlaced.

Anybody else got this, or anyone idea how to fix it? As expected, the stream plays fine in VLC.

I just set up the stream component with the Blue Iris url and while I do get the stream working in HA, they frame rates are super low. Full size image looks to update every 2 seconds or so. Its confirmed the BI webui and through the main app on windows the video is not an issue. Any suggestions on maybe some settings I need to change?

Did you try to restart the camera? I had the same issue but after rebooting the camera it works again

Do you mean restart in the blue iris app or power cycle the camera itself?

Power cycle (rebooting) the camera resolved the issue for me

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll keep this in mind as I would like to get this working.
I’ll wait for an update though as I have other issues with the stream component as outlined in this thread:

My Blue Iris instance ends up crashing if I using this component, I had to move back to mjpeg.

Ok…I think I went through this whole thread without seeing any issues that matched what I am experiencing.

So this is what I’ve got:

• HA v.0.93.2 running on Ubuntu in docker
  • 4 Xiaomi/Wyze v2 cameras running the Dafang hack
  • using the stream: component in my configuration.yaml file
  • using the camera_view: live option in lovelace.
  • use latest java option in my configuration. yaml
  • set swapfile option in run.sh to true.
  • resolution is at the lowest, bitrate is at 100, 10 fps
    Here’s the issue:

Everything seems to work fine for about a few minutes. Cameras stream smoothly to the front end, then after a few minutes all camera views stops streaming and just gives me a still motion shot.

HOWEVER, here’s the strange part, if I set my lovelaceUI to edit mode, then everything works flawlessly. The stream won’t stop after a few minutes. Put it back to display mode, then everything stops.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Hi @MrMagic thanks for your help. I’ve stumbled across your post when trying to migrate my camera componen from ffmpeg to stream. I’m also using Hikvision NVR, and your config works fine. However, I need to double check the port for still images. I don’t know, maybe the technician change the default port to access the web portal, mine is on 81. So, my working config for Hikvision NVR is as follow :

still_image_url: http://192.168.100.64:81/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture
    stream_source: rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101/
    name: Kamera Ruang Tengah Lt 1
    username: user
    password: pass
    authentication: digest

It works fine, much better than ffmpeg, in term of speed, framerate, and image clarity. However I have two questions, maybe folks here can help me :

1. I have mic attached to one of my camera (meaning it has audio input). I can hear the sound using Hikvision android app (IVMS), and from VLC network stream. However, I can’t hear anything using stream from HA, eventhough I have unmuted and maxed the volume from the live stream window. Is there anything I can do to get the sound passing through?
  2. For still image, I see that it get update every 10 seconds. Is there any way to make it faster, like maybe for every 4 seconds?

Thank you very much!