Stream Component: Confirmed Cameras and Configurations

I have got this working as per the configuration in the first post for a ReoLink C1 Pro (a 4MP camera).

I have it showing in lovelace in a picture-entity card.

When I click the card the image it gives me is bigger than my 1080p monitor can display, thus it has a scrollbar, is there a way to scale it down?

1 Like

did you have to do anything special to the camera config to get the still image to work? stream source is great but canā€™t seem to get the still working. I have the exact model you specified

Does this mean i should maximize the the I frame interval on my cameras or set it according to my FPS? I have my cameras set to 15 fps and when i play_stream the video buffers every 2-3 seconds.

Setting it the same as FPS would make delay ~1s, you can set it lower, but might buffer more if you do.

Mine is working like that too, but only shows in the card, not stream. Did you get it working?

I have two of the cameras, Iā€™ve updated the firmware on both. The still image capture works on one, but not the other, never could figure out why.

Illustra 2MP Essentials IP Cam config is working for me here:
Although wouldnt work with default creds admin:admin. once i change admin password on camera it starts connecting.

camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: MyCam
    still_image_url: "http://192.168.33.50/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=1"
    stream_source: "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0"
    username: admin
    password: notdefault

Anyone knows if they fixed any problem in stream: since 0.93? i (and a lot of others too) had to remove the stream component because it was hanging HA sooner or later.

Is it still the same?

1 Like

hi there
i configures escam g02 with the following code. is there anyway to control the movement of the camera by interface?

still_image_url: "http://192.168.1.130/snap.jpg?usr=admin&pwd=admin"
    stream_source: "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/01"
    name: "Camara 1"

Anyone had an issue with the camera.play_stream service? I have a LaView / Hikvision camera configured as generic. I can view the stream fine through Home Assistant with the rtsp stream_source.

When I try to do camera.play_stream however using the ā€œdev_serviceā€, my chromecast just says ā€œDefault Media Receiverā€ and never displays anything.

UPDATE: I think Home Assistant is actually crashing when this happens. I realized an hour later none of my automations are working. Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Iā€™m using Docker (not Hass.io)

not that I know of. loath to check, as it kills everything.

1 Like

Interesting. I havent had problems with HA hanging at all using the stream component. Though, I had recently moved away from a rpi due to not enough resources being available to support my HA. Iā€™m wondering if its a bug only with the rpi?

Nope, iā€™m not using rpy anymore myself.
Iā€™m running on ubuntu + docker + hassio

Thats what Iā€™m running on as well. Now Iā€™m wondernig why I havent had this issue yet.

Turns out the crash was caused by another unrelated issue.

I still canā€™t stream to any of my chromecasts (via camera.play_stream or Google home). In both cases the cast starts but just shows a black screen with ā€œDefault Media Receiverā€ or ā€œSmart Home Cameraā€. Nothing in home assistant logs

Are you casting a streamable source? I had this issue initially but found out what I was trying to cast wasnā€™t playable by the chromecast. I was attempting to stream some cameras through RTSP, chromecast didnā€™t like this so much so I had to use a plugin to convert it to a usable stream.

What plugin? I thought the stream component was specifically for RTSP? I have a laview / hikvision camera setup as follows

name: Porch Direct
  still_image_url: "http://192.168.30.40/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture"
  stream_source: "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554"

I can see it streaming through Home Assistant by clicking ā€œmore infoā€ in the states view.

It should stream h264. When I open ā€œrtsp://admin:[email protected]:554ā€ via VLC and look at the codec information, it shows the following
stream

I try to start it from the dev service screen as follows

This is the plugin I used that was able to get my camera streams up and running: https://github.com/gihad/streamer

If you give it a read, it explains how there needs to be certain header information on the stream, along with some other restrictions for streams to properly play. Iā€™m assuming this was one of my issues as it did fix my problem, which sounds very identical to yours.

I have had this plugin crash the odd time, Iā€™m still figuring out how it works, and for some reason I canā€™t get it to start on boot in case the system somehow loses power. These are things Iā€™m slowly working on figuring out but at least it allows me to use my camera streams and I just restart the container if needed.

Hello
did anyone was able to command PTZ on escam G02? thanks