Stream Component: Confirmed Cameras and Configurations

I made it work once, but it was extremely unstable and like the post above yours kept crashing/hanging homeassistant.

Thanks for your reply. Iā€™ll keep an eye on this thread and future HA releases. It would be nice to have a homemade camera stream to Chromecast without replacing perfectly good Hikvision cameras with Nest cameras

I got to thinking about it and I still have this automation I was playing with when trying to get this to work. I just donā€™t use it. Maybe it would be of some use to you.

- alias: Cast camera test
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: telegram_command
    event_data:
      command: /castdrive
  action:
  - service: camera.play_stream
    data:
      entity_id: camera.driveway
      media_player:
      - media_player.mibox4

This did work to send the camera stream. It didnā€™t work well or for long before it kept crashing/hanging HA like I mentioned above so I gave up for now.

I donā€™t see doorbird built-in integration, was this a mistake?

Hi, this worked for me. Thanks Ben

1 Like

Is audio support being added anytime soon? Iā€™d like to use an rtsp feed as a baby monitor via HA and this is the missing piece.

Did you ever solve this? still getting the same error over here

Hi,

I have a Hikvision setup of cameras feeding into Home Assistant.
HikVision cameras, like many other, allow two video streams. I have the primaruy stream set at H.265 and feeding to Blue Iris.
Is there any way we can configure the second video stream (currently set to 640x480 resolution and using H.264) to feed into Home Assistant and consumed by the stream component ?

Thanks in advance !

Nope i did not

Example:
rtsp://user:[email protected]:10554/Streaming/channels/101 ā€“ get the main stream of the 1st channel

rtsp://user:[email protected]:10554/Streaming/channels/102 ā€“ get the sub stream of the 1st channel

Would it be OK to set the main stream of the 1st channel to be H.265, while I set the sub stream to be H.264 ?

Would the HA Stream component work in this case ?

Thanks in advance !

My Hikvision cameraā€™s donā€™t support H.265 but you can try it out off course. If it doesnā€™t work then revert back to H.264

Post your config here if it works for future reference.

If you mean to use just the h264 substream for HA, then yes. It works.

I was finally able to get this to work.

As @goprojojo mentioned, I was able to change the stream_source URL to use the substream.

Here is how my camera config looks -
camera:
- platform: generic
name: cambackyard
still_image_url: http://hauser:hapwd@camip:81/Streaming/channels/102/picture
stream_source: rtsp://hauser:hapwd@camip:554/Streaming/channels/102

The one thing that I also needed to do, was to set the substream to use a constant bitrate stream, instead of variable bitrate.

I set my camera frame rate to 15 fps, and the bitrate to 384 kbps.

The main stream from the camera is H.265 and is consumed by BlueIris, while the substream is H.264 and is pulled by HA.

I am now able to see my streams correctly, and have been able to use the camera.record function as well.

Thank you everyone for your help !

Itā€™s possible that the Nonmatching transport in server reply error happens because the camera only supports the UDP protocol for RTSP. Thereā€™s an issue on GitHub to track this: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/23094

Itā€™s been a while. I stopped trying to stream this camera for a long while. Thought Iā€™d try it again today. Still no go anyon ever successfully stream this doorbell camera

yeah Iā€™m having no luck getting stream to work on both my Vizio TV and shield. iv tried both the BI link and direct reolink rtsp stream. But they work outside of stream.

Thanks, this did it for me. As you mentioned, it looks like the still image and the RTSP use different authentication methods for some cameras.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I am having the same issue, no lookback recording.

I donā€™t mean to divert the conversation, but it has to do with this same topic. I got everything (as far as I know) workingā€¦intermittently. The issue is this.

I keep getting these errors, It has been happening less sense I got the stream part working, but now at least once a day, and usually for a few hours, my camera rejects all requests on port 80 (actually, all connections at all) with this error.

Log Details (WARNING)
Thu Sep 19 2019 22:42:09 GMT-0600 (MDT)

None Connection Failed (count=1). Waiting 10s. Err: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.86.16', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /ISAPI/Event/notification/alertStream (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x728ab3b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))
Connection lost. Reconnectingā€¦

After this, I cannot access the camera at all for several hours.
So, here is my question.
Is there a way to limit or stop all requests for the still image from Home Assistant?

Edit: Sorry, figured I would add more information. My camera is a Whitelabel Hikvision dome camera. While it was working, I noticed that the motion sensing wasnā€™t responding either. Wondering if any of you know of a way to adjust sensativity within HA or do I need to do that on the camera side?