Stream component problem

Hello,
I’ve got a problem with the stream component. I didn’t notice when exactly it happened to me but now I have a problem with it.
The log file says:

2019-11-18 22:48:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component stream
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant_venv_3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 172, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/srv/homeassistant_venv_3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/stream/__init__.py", line 107, in async_setup
    from .recorder import async_setup_recorder
  File "/srv/homeassistant_venv_3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/stream/recorder.py", line 6, in <module>
    import av
  File "/srv/homeassistant_venv_3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/av/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    from av._core import time_base, pyav_version as __version__
ImportError: libavutil.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

All required packages from this page are installed.
There are required libraries installed in the system but they are newer

ls /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libav*
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-client.so.3      /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavfilter.a
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-client.so.3.2.9  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavfilter.so
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-common.so.3      /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavfilter.so.7
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-common.so.3.5.3  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavfilter.so.7.40.101
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-core.so.7        /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavformat.a
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-core.so.7.0.2    /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavformat.so
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavc1394.so.0	       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavformat.so.58
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavc1394.so.0.3.0       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavformat.so.58.20.100
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavcodec.a	       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavresample.a
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavcodec.so	       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavresample.so
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavcodec.so.58	       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavresample.so.4
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavcodec.so.58.35.100   /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavresample.so.4.0.0
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavdevice.a	       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavutil.a
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavdevice.so	       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavutil.so
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavdevice.so.58	       /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavutil.so.56
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavdevice.so.58.5.100   /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavutil.so.56.22.100

I was trying to cheat and make lower version symlinks to existing libs but at the end it still wants to have exactly required version. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it ? Thank you.

P.S. Version of Home Assistant is 0.101.3

1 Like

Hey anatolyk, i have the same issue. Did you fix it? Thanks Thomas

You’ll have to have pip compile the av component for you.
Command goes something like this: pip install --no-binary --no-cache-dir --upgrade av

Hi, I experienced the same issue on my Odroid N2+. I needed to first uninstall the av and then install it again.
pip uninstall av
and then run:
pip install av --no-cache-dir --upgrade --no-binary av
Hope that helps someone…
BR