Struggling with Aeon Minimote in hassoi

Hi Guys,

I decided to give the minimote a go again since moving to hassio. I managed to get the Aeotec ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 EU connected without any issues. Then though luck rather than skill managed to connect the minimote too. However O cannot seem to get the automations working. Even though these same automation were working the other day before swapped the USB ports for the Z-Stick.

I have tried several times to remove the z-wave integration and after numerous hours and restarts to have almost given up. I also seem to have the two nodes. Both are sleeping, but nothing happens when I press a button on the minimote. If anyone has this working in hassio I’d appreciate some tips? I’ve tried following all the info on the other threads here, but most of them are several years old and don’t directly apply to hassio. I’ve also tried setting the states of the nodes to failed and removin failed node, only to find the reappear after the restart :frowning:

- alias: Minimote Button 1 Pressed
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
      entity_id: zwave.aeotec_dsa03202_minimote_3
      scene_id: 1
  action:
    service: switch.toggle
    entity_id: switch.bedroom_leds
- alias: Minimote Button 1 Long Press
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
      entity_id: zwave.aeotec_dsa03202_minimote_3
      scene_id: 2
  action:
    service: light.toggle
    entity_id: light.main_bedroom

Have you changed the zwave parameter to value 250? I believe this puts the minimote into scene mode which is what you want.

{"node_id":102,"parameter":250,"size":1,"value":1}

There is an art to changing it successfully. If you have the same as me, the non-zwave-plus kind, I recommend you get as close to controller as possible and clicking on the button under the + to wake it, then click the change paramater button