Stuck on "Loading data" after upgrade from 107.7 to 108.X (tried them all)

107.7 is working just fine, but as soon as I upgrade to 108.X (108.5 was the last I tried), I can’t login to HA webinterface. Just stuck on “Loading data”.
Any browser I had open on the HA interface, before upgrading, keeps working until refreshed - that’s how I managed to downgrade again.

I have HACS and Shelly custom integrations installed.
The log fills up with the below + tons of JSON that looks like it’s the entire definition of the web app - this is excluded from the below log, as it’s just page after page of JSON stuff for every component in my system.

2020-04-15 22:56:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for shelly which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-04-15 22:56:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-04-15 22:56:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.deconz] Error connecting to deCONZ gateway at 172.30.33.4
2020-04-15 22:56:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for deconz not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds.
2020-04-15 22:56:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.wled] Error fetching wled data: Invalid response from API: Error occurred while communicating with WLED device.
2020-04-15 22:56:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for wled not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds.
2020-04-15 22:56:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Entity id already exists - ignoring: light.d4_light_2. Platform mqtt does not generate unique IDs
2020-04-15 22:56:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Entity id already exists - ignoring: binary_sensor.gpio5. Platform mqtt does not generate unique IDs
2020-04-15 22:56:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Entity id already exists - ignoring: binary_sensor.gpio4. Platform mqtt does not generate unique IDs
2020-04-15 22:56:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/init.py”, line 421, in async_enable_automation
self._async_detach_triggers = await self._async_attach_triggers()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/init.py”, line 450, in _async_attach_triggers
self.hass, conf, self.async_trigger, info
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/device.py”, line 31, in async_attach_trigger
return await platform.async_attach_trigger(hass, config, action, automation_info)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/device_trigger.py”, line 371, in async_attach_trigger
raise InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig
homeassistant.components.device_automation.exceptions.InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig
2020-04-15 22:56:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/init.py”, line 421, in async_enable_automation
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/init.py”, line 450, in _async_attach_triggers
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/device.py”, line 31, in async_attach_trigger
return await platform.async_attach_trigger(hass, config, action, automation_info)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/deconz/device_trigger.py”, line 371, in async_attach_trigger
homeassistant.components.device_automation.exceptions.InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig
2020-04-15 22:56:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2740330832] Unable to serialize to JSON: Object of type builtin_function_or_method is not JSON serializable

2 Likes

Hi. In my case i also saw issues with the Regorder.
I disabled it.
Started core
And then removed my MariaDB addon completely and reinstalled MariaDB from scratch.
I figured my DB was broken.

Mine runs good now 108.5 on Intel NUC
(Hassio)

Kind regards

Albert

Thanks for the input, however this time around, it seems to be related to the Sonos integration: Webinterface not accessable due to get_states reports error · Issue #33952 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I don’t have Sonos, and still had the issue yesterday. Staying on 0.107.7 for the time being.

Would you happen to have HACS or Shelly integrations?

Both to be fair!

EDIT: And HACS was giving me issues before the problem happened. I ended up reinstalling it from scratch, and it seemed to work for a moment, but then after a couple hours everything went ham.

I also have them both and suspekt that the problems might be related to one of them - so one thing at a time - let’s see if it gets better when the Sonos problem is resolved - if not, on to the next thing. Until then, I’m staying on 107.7 which is rock solid.

Thank you for your analysis! And I will definitely follow suit, 0.107.7 is working like a charm so I’m happy.

*except the problem with the iOS companion app, which is not sending some sensor updates :(, but I’m following that other issue as well

It believe several integrations had this issue in 0.108.x. For the Sonos part, it should be fixed with 0.108.6.

1 Like

108.6 fixed it for me. So apparently it was the Sonos integration causing the problems.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. I’ve tried 108.8 and do not use the Sonos integration. I’ve reverted to 107 for the moment.

Same issue for me, but i don’t have Sonos.

What I have is TP-Link, Wemo.

Reverted to 0.107.7 for now but will test again on spare copy.

Somehow managed to upgrade to 0.108.2 and it ran fine for 2 days, then the front-end and API became unresponsive. Tried deleting the database with no success, but updated the installation to 0.108.6 which is still working up to now.