Stuck on Preparing Home Assistant with a fresh installation

Hi!

I’m a complete newbie, but I’m not able to make the home assistant os to work. I have a raspberry pi 3 model B, and I have installed the home assistant os in an SSD (no problems here, the rasp boot fine from the SSD). The problem is that the web is stuck in “Preparing Home Assistant”.

I have connected a keyboard and a screen to the pi and in the boot, it fails in “a start job is running for Wait Until Kernel Time Synchronized”, but it logs to the CLI. In the CLI I have checked the supervisor logs and I see a “‘Updater.fetch_data’ blocked from execution, no supervisor internet connection”.

I have connected the pi directly to the router with an ethernet cable and I have checked with my laptop that it has a connection. In the pi I can ping google just fine.

Things I have tried:

I have also checked that the date and timezone are wrong, but I guess that’s because it can’t connect to get the correct date.

Any solutions? I’m completely lost.

Thanks

Define “stuck”.
Are we talking about 5 minutes or 20 minutes?

I waited about 2 hours on the first try and then 30 minutes approx on other tries and I little bit less on other tests as I had the same results with the “a start job is running for Wait Until Kernel Time Synchronized”

Are you looking at the screen connected to the pi or are you visiting the URL?
I have never heard of that message so I assume it’s the screen.

Open the URL http://IP:8123

The URL is where I can see it is stuck on the “Preparing Home Assistant”.
I have connect a screen to the pi to see the logs, and there is where I can see it fails in “a start job is running for Wait Until Kernel Time Synchronized” in the boot process and then if I show the logs in the CLI with “supervisor logs” it shows the “‘Updater.fetch_data’ blocked from execution, no supervisor internet connection” error.

I have never used a pi3 but I assume it will be slower than a pi4. But if you say hours then it sounds too much.

I’m out of ideas now.

Is your pi plugged into your network and able to contact a time server over the network?

I had the same problem, until I switched from Edge to Firefox.

So Hellis was out of ideas before it started.
why do people offer help when they haven’t a clue?
I am having exactly the same problem as you Blodwen, did you fix it?
regards

Great way to introduce yourself.
Good luck.

after a lot of months I just restarted to investigate this issue and it looks like it’s my ISP fault (or my router): Error Connection refused

It looks like my router (Sercomm FG824CD) is blocking the access to NTP servers, and right now I don’t have any solutions…

Another example with the same issue: Problema sincronización hora - ForoRaspberry.es (in spanish)

I just talk with my ISP (pepephone) and they don’t have a clue about what i’m talking about, so I don’t have much hope…

1 Like

So, my ISP has sent a technician with another brand of router and now everything works, so the culprit is the router Sercomm FG824CD

2 Likes

You joined the forum just abuse one of our more helpful members. Nice one.