Sub Zero integration with Home Assistant

It’s been a while, but I had downloaded the sub zero android app version 2.1.1, and in the file res/raw/prod.properties, I found a key for “azure.signalr.access.key”. The others I found by sniffing traffic with a MITM proxy.

1 Like

Any update? Seems odd there is no way to connect these? Anyone able to request this with the big bosses at nabucasa? I don’t think SubZero is going to be ok individuals trying to integrate…

Subzero show a Google Assistant integration (along others) is possible, so I would be surprised if this could not be reverse engineered into a HACS custom component.

That’s interesting, did you try it yet with Google Home to see what it does? The linked documentation doesn’t yield many clues.

The availability of any integration is a good sign for the potential existence of an API. However, unless there is some open source available somewhere or some local traffic between the appliances and the google device that can be decrypted and reverse engineered, this might not help.

EDIT/NOTE - The linked page says, “The email used to connect the appliances must match the email used for the Google Home account.

For the many people that use Gmail exclusively this probably isn’t an issue. My google stuff uses a Gmail account, all the rest of my HA stuff doesn’t, so I have to do a little work to try this.

anyone checking this out? I’d love to see something put together. I am by no means a programmer (anymore) but I would love to help wherever possible. I don’t know if the subzero line is too small of an audience for the HA folks to consider adopting. Would be nice to get some upscale products like this and Trane integrated natively in HA.

I think the real issue here is that they have no documented, public API. There have been past attempts at reverse engineering their mobile app to get some endpoint info, but that will always have its challenges. Like you’ve said also, the “market” for this integration is extremely niche, which also poses its own challenges.