Successfully installed Hass on RPI3, now my HmIP-RFUSB doesn't start

Hello,
first of all, I’m quite new to this and was suzper surprised when I started my RPI with hassos yesterday and hassio configured by itself!
I decided to use a homematic radiator controller as a start and inspired by the following tweet I ordered my own HmIP-RFUSB: https://twitter.com/pvizeli/status/1056675435508043776 (:tada: HomeMatic IP support on our hass.io add-on is available. Plugin the HmIP-RFUSB and install our add-on and run the local HmIP devices without cloud.)

So, I plugged it in, installed the addon and then - nothing happened. I figured out that I neet to change the default config and disabled using rf and enabled hmip (I guess this makes sense).

Here is the config:

{
“rf_enable”: false,
“rf”: [
{
“type”: “CCU2”,
“device”: “/dev/ttyAMA0”,
“reset”: false
}
],
“wired_enable”: false,
“wired”: [
{
“serial”: “xy”,
“key”: “abc”,
“ip”: “192.168.0.0”
}
],
“hmip_enable”: true,
“hmip”: [
{
“type”: “HMIP_CCU2”,
“device”: “/dev/ttyUSB0”
}
]
}

After starting the add-on still nothing worked and I see the following error:

Init Hardware Info
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /boot/VERSION (No such file or directory)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:220)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:158)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:113)
at de.eq3.lib.util.HardwareInfo.<init>(HardwareInfo.java:22)
at de.eq3.lib.util.HardwareInfo.<clinit>(HardwareInfo.java:10)
at de.eq3.ccu.server.internal.HMServerConfiguration.setDefaults(HMServerConfiguration.java:51)
at de.eq3.ccu.server.internal.HMServerConfiguration.<init>(HMServerConfiguration.java:34)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:488)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:560)
at de.eq3.lib.util.dynamics.GenericFactory.newInstance(GenericFactory.java:90)
at de.eq3.lib.util.dynamics.GenericFactory.createInstance(GenericFactory.java:26)
at de.eq3.ccu.server.BaseHMServer.setConfig(BaseHMServer.java:78)
at de.eq3.ccu.server.ip.HMIPServer.main(HMIPServer.java:134)
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by io.netty.util.internal.PlatformDependent0$1 (file:/opt/HMServer/HMIPServer.jar) to field java.nio.Buffer.address
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of io.netty.util.internal.PlatformDependent0$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Unfortunately I invested a lot of googeling and reading this forum buit I did not understand which step I am missing to make it work.

The documentation says “Set up a HomeMatic hardware layer.” - is this an additional step? What do I need to do here?

Would be great to reading from you! :slight_smile:

I update the documentation a bit:
https://www.home-assistant.io/addons/homematic/

So you need only setup the home assistant configuration and you are fine. The output looks good and you can work with it :+1:

For learning and handling devices use Homematic-Manager > 2.0.

1 Like

It works!!! Thanks!

One comment: I changed the port for hmip to 2010

After my last post I directly created a snapshot to save the working state. Unfortunately it run only for one week and I got new problems. Also the snapshot doesn’t resolve the problem :frowning:

What happened during this week? I only installed software-updates for both HASS and the Addon. There were no changes in the config done by me.

I tried to troubleshoot some stuff, but nothing happened, so I completeley reinstalled my Raspberry Pi today, though Homematic still doesn’t want to work :frowning:

How does the problem look like?

1. The thermostat doesn’t find the adapter.
  2. When opening the HASS UI the home screen shows the following error:
  3. Dev-Info page gives following error log:
Error during setup of component homematic
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 148, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/homematic/__init__.py", line 261, in setup
    'ip': socket.gethostbyname(rconfig.get(CONF_HOST)),
socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve
  1. I can’t get Homematic Addon to start… When I click on start, it seems to start, but when reloading the page, it shows status “not running”. I didn’t change any of my configuration which I showed in the first post, and now the log looks like this:
[DEBUG] Start bootloader ...
[DEBUG] Bootloader running
[DEBUG] Request bootloader version ...
[INFO] SGTIN = 3014f5ac94000416fb5331d4
[INFO] Performing update with firmware file '/firmware/HmIP-RFUSB/hmip_coprocessor_update-2.8.6.eq3' ...
[DEBUG] Start application ...
[DEBUG] Application 'HMIP_TRX_App' running
[DEBUG] Request application version ...
[DEBUG] Request application version ...
[INFO] Updating coprocessor from version 2.8.4 to version 2.8.6
[INFO] Entering bootloader ...
[DEBUG] Request bootloader version ...
[INFO] Bootloader version: 1.0.12
[DEBUG] Send update frames ...
[ERROR] No update performed.
[INFO] Exiting update tool.

I really have no idea what to do now… @pvizeli you?

Hi,

@schneeschipp any updates? I connected my HmIP-RFUSB following the updated instructions of @pvizeli. I also managed to learn my HmIP-eTRV-B1 using Homematic Manager but the valve does not appear in Home Assistant :confused:.

Instead, the log of the OCCU plugin contains the following exception:

Init Hardware Info
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by io.netty.util.internal.PlatformDependent0$1 (file:/opt/HMServer/HMIPServer.jar) to field java.nio.Buffer.address
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of io.netty.util.internal.PlatformDependent0$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
Dec 07, 2018 8:17:07 PM io.vertx.core.impl.BlockedThreadChecker
WARNING: Thread Thread[vert.x-eventloop-thread-0,5,main] has been blocked for 2595 ms, time limit is 2000
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
at java.base/java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.base/java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1024)
at de.eq3.ccu.server.ip.HMIPServer.initialize(HMIPServer.java:206)
at de.eq3.ccu.server.ip.HMIPServer.<init>(HMIPServer.java:41)
at de.eq3.ccu.server.ip.HMIPServer$2.run(HMIPServer.java:147)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

Im running HA 0.83.3 on HassOS 1.13. Any ideas?

Hi there,

for me it’s the same Problem as with @jaqPi but my log looks a bit different. HmIP-RFUSB with Home Assistant 0.83.2 on HassOS 1.13 (maybe I’ll update to .3 within the next days to see if something changes).

Init Hardware Info
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
	at java.base/java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1024)
	at de.eq3.ccu.server.ip.HMIPServer.initialize(HMIPServer.java:206)
	at de.eq3.ccu.server.ip.HMIPServer.<init>(HMIPServer.java:41)
	at de.eq3.ccu.server.ip.HMIPServer$2.run(HMIPServer.java:147)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

@jaqPi, @semaphor,
I never saw these errors, only the ones I posted earlier.
In my case I made every available update und hoped for resolution. Until last Sunday there was none and I sold my HmIP-USB-Stick and changed from HA to the HomeMatic Zentrale. Since then it works without any problem.

Good news! Since I upgraded to Hass 0.84.X and HomeMatic OCCU 8.0, I am able to pair the HmIP-eTRV-B1 with Home Assisant / the USB stick.

Unfortunately, sometimes the thermostat loses its connection. I haven’t been able to figure out, why this happens or what makes the thermostat lose its connection…

For the record: after using an external power supply for my Sonoff bridge instead of powering both the Sonoff and the HmIP-RFUSB directly with the rpi, it works like a charm for the last weeks :slight_smile: