Sudden loss of devices

Hi all

I’ve been running the z-wave JS to MQTT add-on (and the z-wave JS integration) for some time now. I noticed this morning that around two thirds of my z-wave devices had disappeared – they simply didn’t show up in the z-wave control panel. Under configuration / integrations / zwave JS, the devices didn’t show up (only 27 devices when I used to have ~70) but a lot of the entities were there, with a greyed out symbol next to them saying disabled. Enabling them from here did not seem to do anything.

Can anyone shed light on what happened? I’m super reluctant to wipe and start again unless I have to. I restored a backup which didn’t help. I hadn’t done any recent updates, z-wave JS to MQTT was on 0.22.1 and I’ve been using a Zwave.me / UZB stick in a NUC.

Thanks

Did you ever get tot he bottom of this ? I also have occasionally seen a device disappear and not sure why

I’ve also had a similar experience. Using a USB Zooz 700 series controller and everything will work great for a few days, sometimes weeks. Then everything will get dropped or broken. Sometimes restarting Zwave JS would help, other times I’d disable and reenable Zwave JS (With a reboot in between) would fix it. Occasionally I’d unplug the USB controller to get it to reset… but currently, my ~40 devices are offline (sans the controller and one device that I excluded and re-paired) and I’m looking at an Aeotec controller to replace the Zooz as I suspect it’s failing. I recently updated the firmware on the Zooz controller hoping that was the issue - it worked great for a few days, but I’m back to a nearly dead HA platform as nearly all my Zwave devices are now dead (well according to HA).