Suggestions on smoke detectors (wifi / zigbee / rf)

Hey guys,

Can anyone suggest me a good (non-expensive) smoke detector that works with HA?

I´m looking for a smoke detection to trigger a barbecue fan inside a innerduct that I share with other apartments in my building. The only thing is: I don´t need (actually I don´t want) the sound alarm, I just need it to trigger the HA automation so I can have a sonoff to turn on the fan.

I saw those 2 in Aliexpress, but I´m not sure if they will indeed work properly, specially in regards to the sound alarm being off and the trigger working as I need.

any suggestions? Would any of those 2 work?

thanks guys!

I have the Mijia Honewell detectors. they sound an alarm when fire is detected, this is what they’re designed to do after all.
I somewhat doubt you’ll find a smoke detector that doesn’t make any sound, unless you “mess” with it (open and disconnect the buzzer/speaker) or build your own
Do remember that with the Mijia you’ll need a zigbee hub (Xiaomi Aqara Gateway, CC2531 flashed with Zigbee2mqtt, Conbee, etc)

If you are still searching for this, do not use a smoke detector.
Instead use an air quality sensor. These are designed to detect air quality without an alarm, unless you set an alarm. Smoke Detectors are not designed for this purpose and will always sound an alarm, as that is their designed use.

See Indoor Air Quality Sensor Component
This is just one example, there are many air quality sensors that will work with HA.

Indoor air quality sensors will work just as well as an air quality sensor for your bbq area.
Just be aware if this is shared ducting with other premises, you may need additional components to ensure you don’t interfere with other peoples areas.