Sump pump cycles

Hello! I have a sonoff s31 flashed with tasmota monitoring my sump pump energy. I’d like to use that plug to count how many times a day the sump pump cycles and use it in a Lovelace card. Anybody know how can I do it?

This can count how many times a day your pump turns on:

1 Like

Should I use it as count or leave it as time?

Well you asked for a count so count would seem appropriate.

For what it’s worth, I keep lots of stats on my two sump pumps; instantaneous current, power and voltage, as well as cumulative daily power use. I agree there’s value in a daily cycle count. That’s often done with bilge pumps on boats.

In practice, however, I find I use two things: First, I have a simple history graph card which shows each pump’s current draw. This gives me a quick visual of how often the pumps have been cycling over the past several hours. It would be clear if one was stuck on or not running at all.

Second, I have an automation which will shut off the smart plug if it detects a pump running for too long (stuck on) and sends me a text. I’ve recently added a larger capacity backup pump which the automation can switch on when it switches off the stuck one.

This gives me far more information than a simple cycle counter. It may seem like overkill, but I have a stone foundation with a heating system in the basement. Pump failure at the wrong time would be very expensive.

Hi, would you please share rule setup? Thanks