Supervised-installer issue with qemuarm-64 machine type

Hello all,

Tried to install Hass.io with supervised-installer on a arm architecture box with the following :

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh | bash -s -- -m qemuarm-64

The homeassistant container installed by the supervisor seems to be wrong : the docker ps -a command shows that homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant container is installed instead of the expected homeassistant/aarch64-homeassistant container…Homeassistant cannot start, we’re facing a exec format error…

aec7d4dc96e5        homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.108.6   "/init"                  3 hours ago         Exited (1) 3 hours ago                            homeassistant
c26b1df75d92        homeassistant/aarch64-hassio-audio:14            "/init"                  3 hours ago         Up 3 hours                                        hassio_audio
e0d01d39c6fb        homeassistant/aarch64-hassio-multicast:2         "/init"                  3 hours ago         Up 3 hours                                        hassio_multicast
ca58812ec842        homeassistant/aarch64-hassio-cli:25              "/init /bin/bash -c …"   3 hours ago         Up 3 hours                                        hassio_cli
73800a06104c        homeassistant/aarch64-hassio-dns:9               "/init coredns -conf…"   3 hours ago         Up 3 hours                                        hassio_dns
36b96b9f6293        homeassistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor          "/init"                  4 hours ago         Up 3 hours                                        hassio_supervisor

Any advice or help ?

Download the .sh install file. Edit it with your favorite editor and find the issue and fix it? Test it and if it’s fixed post what was wrong. Is that a possibility?

Hello Fritz. Unfortunately, this is not where the issue is located. The .sh install file just manages the supervisor container installation. Once installed and started, the supervisor container downloads and starts other containers. The issue (wrong machine architecture selected, qemux86-64 instead of aarch64 for homeassitant container) seems to be inside the supervisor container, not in the supervisor install .sh
Unfortunately, I don’t know how to tweak and rebuild the supervisor container for testing purpose…

Ok, sorry I can’t help you there either. Maybe it’s better to raise an issue on GitHub about this.

No problem, thx for trying !

Finaly, after a clean and fresh install of Buster distrib, everything went good !!! Sorry for the fuzz

jibeer, I am having the same problem. Could you tell me the container file you downloaded?

Hello Alex. Sorry I can’t help. All the fix has been done on the fly so I don’t really remember what I’ve done. Just note that in the forum I’ve mentioned that a fresh and clean install of a Buster OS, everything went OK for hass supervised installation.

1 Like