Supervisor 2021.12.2 is missing on side panel

Hi, the supervisor is missing from the sidebar after the upgrade. I have version 2021.12.2
what is wrong?

thx

Welcome.

Read the Release Notes, especially Breaking Changes.

Add-ons, Backups & Supervisor

The Supervisor panel has been merged into the configuration panel. The separate menu item from the sidebar has been removed.

You should ALWAYS read Release Notes before upgrading. The developers publish them to avoud threads like this one.

2 Likes

Welcome @Mattos to the forum. I expect like most you have been lurking on forum for a while before opening a thread. Then you get your nose bitten off or at least nibbled on. Don’t worry you will develop a thick skin. Sometimes we forget what it’s like to be the new guy. People generally do want to help but like @Prodigyplace hints, people also don’t want to spoon feed.
Yeah, read the breaking changes. I did. Well I scanned them looking how it would affect my devices, but missed the moving of supervisor to configuration myself.

3 Likes

I need to upgrade software many times as part of my work. It is expected to read & understand the Release notes before patching or upgrading. Many times I contact the vendor if clarification is needed. In that case I have thousands of users depending on working software.

At work I think I do fail to appreciate when an update goes well on systems. It’s a major frustration when it doesn’t go go well.
On my home system , when it goes wrong I take it as an opportunity to lean something. That’s what I like about HA. Always an opportunity to learn. :grin:

1 Like

If you’d like to bring back the supervisor to your sidebar, there are multiple ways to do so!

1. The first one is by using the Custom Panel integration, native to HA. I used this code to get it back:
panel_custom:
  - name: panel_supervisor
    sidebar_title: Supervisor
    sidebar_icon: mdi:home-assistant
    url_path: 'hassio/dashboard'
    module_url: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
    embed_iframe: true
    require_admin: true
  1. The second way is a bit trickier for beginners, but gives more flexibility in what you want to add and might be easier to handle once installed: the Custom Sidebar V2.
    The documentation should be clear enough on its own, but you can always ask for help if needed :slight_smile:.

The beauty of HA is indeed that evolves over time, which provides us with learning opportunities. But that’s what makes it hard as well! Luckily, this community is amazing and always eager to help.
Good luck!

1 Like

Hi, I’m brand new to the forum.
I’m spending hours trying to create a new user for MQTT, so long that I’ve forgotten why.
The thing is, some of us have bought second hand hardware with preinstalled HA and are seeing clear differences between the HA online help documentation and what is on the User Interface in front of us.
I sure am learning the hard way.
Is the solution to thoroughly read the release notes for the version you have before you get the basic system up and running? That’s a steep curve.

Yes the documentation is often out-of-date so that may not give you the answer. Better to search the forum as somebody else probably has asked the question. Try the link below.
Changing mqtt broker username and password

Thanks Spiro, I’ve had a significant breakthrough in my learning this morning.
I managed to find the User configuration page, installed MQTT and a few other Add ons.
I’ve even used YAML for the first time.
I know this is probably very basic stuff but I’m happier.

1 Like