Supervisor died while running and can no longer be started

Does it look like SD card is dying?

[18:21:15] INFO: Starting local supervisor watchdog...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<frozen runpy>", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
  File "<frozen runpy>", line 88, in _run_code
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/__main__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from supervisor import bootstrap
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/bootstrap.py", line 9, in <module>
    from .addons import AddonManager
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
    from ..store.addon import AddonStore
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
    from .repository import Repository
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/repository.py", line 12, in <module>
    from .git import GitRepo, GitRepoCustom, GitRepoHassIO
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/git.py", line 7, in <module>
    import git
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/git/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from git.exc import *  # @NoMove @IgnorePep8
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/git/exc.py", line 8, in <module>
    from gitdb.exc import BadName  # NOQA @UnusedWildImport skipcq: PYL-W0401, PYL-W0614
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gitdb/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
    from gitdb.base import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gitdb/base.py", line 8, in <module>
    from gitdb.fun import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gitdb/fun.py", line 18, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gitdb/utils/encoding.py", line 1
    ��|��mę/��:��#5�����}�R#Io���%�X�Ë���¥�ÇN�ٽ�I'$��x|�a9eT�D�����m���k�z�����d��1�Do��Hǔ�S��׬�������kz+2�b����!�V���6
                                                                                                                       g&:-#D#3"�gl�b��v'��i,�3��1��;s'������0JWw�
                                                                                                                                                                  ���VnO�r�=����}7�
                                                                                                                                                                                   ������o�Y�j@Ĕ"E�n��d�麼bc�p|���[���v��J@���n;~6���$�=�7�'] ,�^��j껡��E��o��QZ�~�X�R���Nϯ��O�ģ#���Ք��P�>�V0Cr#�����G~~���OV������B    ��P��މ/��?
      ^
SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'utf-8' codec can't decode bytes in position 0-1: invalid continuation byte

Since I can’t start the supervisor or container, any tips how I can at least extract the backup from this?

The odd thing is it creates a new supervisor container and then that’s corrupted each time. I guess I have to somehow update the supervisor… but if it’s not running then how…

I tried:

docker pull homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor:latest

It did it’s thing but I get the exact same error in the exact same file…

EDIT:
Correct command is:

docker pull ghcr.io/home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor:latest

But I still get the same error. Where does that python dependency come in? How can I re-download it?
I just want to get my stuff operational temporarily, so I can get rid of this RPi and SD card and move docker off HaOS to a server…

FWIW, there are a few threads here about Supervisor and slow loading of core integrations after the latest Supervisor update was pushed out. I have no idea if it is running a big database or file upgrade under the hood, or maybe GITHUB is having problems. My $0.02 barring any other suggestions is to just let it run for 12 hours and see if it fixes itself…

No, that’s not correct. My supervisor image was literally corrupted if you look at the error.

The solution is as follows:

docker images

Note all images that have supervisor in their name, and execute for each:

docker rmi --force <image id>

After they are all gone:

systemctl reset-failed hassos-supervisor
systemctl start hassos-supervisor

It will re-download everything and should manage to start after. If it does, just reboot the entire thing, and the whole thing will come back up again.

In my case most likely the SD card is on it’s last legs or something.

1 Like