Supervisor, Home Assistant Core and Operating System Updates

Hi, I have a confusion regarding the Supervisor, Home Assistant Core and Operating System updates. In my Home Assistant UI, all of them are showing newer versions are available and each of them have its own newer version.

May i know can I just update the supervisor only? The reason is, from time to time, I’m encountering Hass.io addon installation error as shown in below and this can only be resolved by updating the supervisor (if there is a newer version available).

20-04-07 09:28:27 INFO (SyncWorker_16) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image carldebilly/zigbee2mqttassistant tag 0.3.147.
20-04-07 09:35:15 ERROR (SyncWorker_16) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install carldebilly/zigbee2mqttassistant:0.3.147 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("error parsing HTTP 408 response body: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value: "<html><body><h1>408 Request Time-out</h1>\nYour browser didn't send a complete request in time.\n</body></html>\n\n"").

I don’t really want to update the Home Assistant Core if it doesn’t have any new features that I need. Plus, sometimes it will break some functionalities. And I’m not sure what is the operating system update is.

Does any of this component has dependency on the others, like this version of supervisor must go with that version of Home Assistant Core and etc?

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Normally, the supervisor updates itself. If it doesn’t, you can update manually. Supervisor is independent of Home Assistant Core, as is the version of HassOs. Just as with Windows and other OS’s, it is a good idea to keep your HassOs up-to-date.

Thanks for the clarification.

When you said the HassOs, are you referring to the Operating System as shown in below?

Yes, Operating system in this case is HassOS.

Ok, thanks again for the clarification.

Hya,

i’m running Home Assistant Core 2022.5.4. Is it possible to add supervisor to it?

TIA.