Supervisor missing from my Home assistant OS install using Virtual box

I am new to HA, and just installed a fresh copy of it. I am looking for the most features that are available and after reading all the documentation, I thought the method of install I chose would give that to me. I have a small form PC running Windows 11 and installed virtual box and downloaded the VDI file and installed it using the instructions found on the HA site. Windows - Home Assistant

After watching several Youtube videos, I see that most of the people on there reference Supervisor and I can’t find it anywhere in my install. I looked on the side panel and in the integrations, it said I need to manually install it. Where did I go wrong? Thanks in advance!

Go to Settings → About.

What does it say?

It says that I have it, Supervisor 2022.10.0, but I don’t see it on the side panel. How do I access it? Thanks for your help!

You don’t.

Home Assistant has changed since the videos you are watching.

What is your end goal, what are you trying to do?

Well, I have a Aeotec zwave stick 7 that I am trying to install, and I can’t find it in HA. I think I saw a video saying that I can find the path to it in supervisor.

I figured out that I have to add the USB stick in virtual box before it will show in HA! So, you mentioned that I don’t have Supervisor. Is there a way that I can add it, or is this something that has been deprecated? I am guessing that it will be needed for some of my automations, etc. If it is not needed, please explain. I am little confused about it. Thanks!

Settings → System → Hardware → Overflow icon ⋮ (top right) → All hardware.

I think the way he said it was strange but he wasn’t saying that you don’t have the Supervisor because you do. He was saying that you don’t access the Supervisor from the sidebar menu any more.

The Supervisor stuff is accessible from the Settings menu in the sidebar now. (I think…I don’t use the Supervisor).

The Supervisor has nothing to do with automations.

As the name suggests it provides some supervisory or administrative functionality (add-ons, backups, etc) in the HA ecosystem.

That is not what Tom said, and according your screenshot you do have SuperVisor, and it has version 2022.10.0 :wink:

And as far as I know, Supervisor ain’t accessible, it is just a system that takes care of your dockers from within Ha, so you don’t have to do it manually (you won’t even realize you’re using them :yum:)