Supervisor unsupported after latest update 2022.09.1

Hello guys and girls,

I’ve just got an supervisor update. After this update i got the marking unsupported.

Running:

Home Assistant 2022.9.5
 Supervisor 2022.09.1
 Frontend-versie: 20220907.2 - latest 
 Supervised HA on x86-64 machine, no VM's

in the supervisor log I’ve got this:

22-09-19 17:41:19 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] Connectivity checks are required for Home Assistant. (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/connectivity_check)

Went to the suggested site and as there is stated, i did SSH to the server and did, what is asked:

busctl set-property org.freedesktop.NetworkManager /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager ConnectivityCheckEnabled b true

Rebooted the host, but supervisor won’t stop complaining. Is this a bug, or I need to research more?

1 Like

same here Supervisor 2022.9.1 unsopported state · Issue #3876 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub

1 Like

Same here .

@CentralCommand asked me to write a PR but not yet done

EDIT : With the link … 2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release! - #274 by AleksandrBraun

It is done already by @to4ko :wink:

1 Like

Solved here.

It seems, that older installations are missing some config, which was not added with updates.

How did we solve it?

SSH to the HA server

sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

add this to the file:

[connectivity]
uri=http://checkonline.home-assistant.io/online.txt
interval=600

Save and exit the file.

run:

busctl set-property org.freedesktop.NetworkManager /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager ConnectivityCheckEnabled b true

reboot the server

Now the installation should be supported again.

8 Likes

Worked like a charm.

It should be noted that performing a get-property right after the set-property, will show it still not setting properly. Once you reboot, the get-property will work as expected.

busctl get-property org.freedesktop.NetworkManager /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager ConnectivityCheckEnabled