Supervisor update

It was painless and trouble free for me… went without a hitch and I did it with the release candidate a few weeks ago on a dev… and then this week on my main HA instance on release day.

Wanted to jump onboard with bulleyes since most of my home-labs is updated. However wondering should I just clean install? Will the supervised generic install will run properly? Is there a guide on what need to be installed or further AgentOS?

Need some clue, anyway can wait for the new supervised

If you have time and feel like it I advise you to do a clean install rather than a dist-upgrade. This way you can be sure that there are no fragments and file-leftovers from Debian 10 on your installation thus making it easier to find the source of errors if some pop up at a later time :+1:t4:

yeah I’m planning to do that and hopefully can begin to write a readme to help other people. However need to know the right step. So far Debian11, AgentOS, and Supervised Install?

Unfortunately I can not answer that one. I wait and let things mature before hopping on the Bullseye-train. Still plenty of time left to make that move.

That would be the correct order. If doing an in place upgrade you do need to either be on beta or wait for the new core/supervisor if you are changing the machine type. (Maybe) See my questions above.

Got it working and it required to be in BETA to working properly. As of now will not wanted to run my stable version in it since most probably the backup-addon will not work since it changes from snapshot to backup.

I write addons that require the use of some of the supervisor endpoints that are changing with the snapshot->backup rename (eg /snapshot/new/full). To make my addon backwards compatible, what supervisor version should I expect to have the new /backup// endpoints available?

2 Likes

The next available in it’s respective channel, for the beta channel that was 2021.08.0

Would someone be able to upgrade from Raspbian 10 to Debian 11 by changing the source list as well?

Hi, just did it today :slight_smile:
Work well!

Not sure if you can on Raspbian yet.

The old snapshot will be there for a few more releases so you can still use snapshot as well as backup

Well I am sad to say my bullseye update was a disaster. Running docker results in high cpu usage with kswapd using most of it. Bugger.

I’ll move my snapshots off and start again.

did you update the docker sources as well? My install is pretty basic and no issues seen here

I did now and I am pleased to say that after updating to bullseye’s docker-ce, running the installer script yet again and rebooting, it seems to be up and running again.

The only thing it seems to have forgotten is my sabnzbd api key, which is a bit of a mystery, but easily fixed.

I occasionly get prompted for that in the GUI but it fixes itself when you restart. I went through the sources.list.d directory and made sure I updated all sources.lists in there and found the replace command I had used updated all those anyway… It is really hard to screw up debian with an upgrade…

These were the commands I used:

$ sudo sed -i 's/buster/bullseye/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

$ sudo sed -i 's/buster/bullseye/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list

last line to verify sources.
From here How To Upgrade To Debian 11 Bullseye From Debian 10 Buster - OSTechNix

Yeah well it felt screwed for 12 hours (some of which I slept admittedly).

One shouldn’t upgrade even a debian distro 30 mins before bedtime.

Next step, my media server is on ubuntu 12.04. That will be a mission!

Bloody hell!!! yes it will…

Ha!

Same … surprisingly painless.