Support for 2 zigbee dongles

I am using a sonoff ZBBridge flashed with Tasmota as a nice zigbee dongle, works very well and allows me a good central location. However I would like to use zigbee devices in a small building in my garden that is outside zigbee range (by some way). It has IP connectivity so ideally I would just add another ZBBridge to that building and control all from a single Home Assistant instance. However I see you can only add one zigbee integration. Is it possible to get this setup to work?

Thanks

I don’t think so. You could use zigbee2mqtt to create a second zigbee network, but zigbee2mqtt does not work with the Sonoff ZbBridge. A CC2530 connected to a ESP could be a replacement.

update: I found Zigbee2Tasmota which supports the sonoff ZBbridge so will start playing with that as it supports multiple controllers.

What is the difference between ZigBee2Tasmota and what you already have installed on your Sonoff ZigBee Bridge?

I was using ZHA with the sonoff device which is zigbee support in HA. For the 2nd (and soon 3rd) device I use ZigBee2Tasmota which sends MQTT commands to HA.

1 Like