Support for AVM Fritz DECT smart radiator 302

AVM recently introduced a new smart radiator FRITZ DECT 302. Is someone already working on the Home Assistant integration of the new device similar to the earlier versions 300 and 301?

I never digged too deep into HA but from what I see the the miracle surely lies with the
/config/.storage/core.* files.
I played a bit with these for testing purpuses only and added an entry similar to the DECT 200 devices I got by utilizing the “entry_id” from the core.config_entries file matching my fritzbox which I used to create a slightly modified entry in core.device_registry with the following changes against the DECT 200 entry.
a randomly created “id” and th number within “identifiers” as listed for the AVM 302 on the fritzbox.
And well I also changed the “model” to “FRITZ!DECT 302” and used “name” “TRV sofa”

Where I got stuck was the core.entity_registry file since I wasn’t sure about what to add here.

So I simply copied one of the temperature entries from a DECT!200 so it matches the IDs and names, But after having fired up HA I think by now that I did way too much since not only the 1 TRV I tried to see if I can get this involked is recognised by HA but also the other ones.
Not to mention that all the entities for all the 302 devices connected to the fritzbox do appear within HA.

Looks to me if I only needed to define it manually within the core.device_registy, the rest is done by HA-magic.

Correct? Anyone in here willing to enlighten me why it was that easy? And since it was … any idea if it’s more but a 1-liner in the existing fritzbox smarthome integration to make the 302 devices being recognised automatically?

Or did all of that simply happen because I rebooted the HA host?

I also would appreciate full support of this device in HA

2 Likes