Support for Daikin AirBase units

Hi! Still having issues with the HomeKit integration.

Firstly, a new issue that the HomeKit temperature gauge is now allowing .5 deg C intervals which Airbase doesn’t support. It previously, correctly, used whole degree intervals.

Second issue… still this weird “Auto” mode issue, plus now not responding to Heat and Cool commands correctly. I made a quick video of the issue, see here: https://youtu.be/WUp4goD_QBM

On the latest version of HA.

You have to take the HomeKit issues with the HomeKit guys.

It works flawlessly on Google Home Nest.

How does AirBase set fan_rate high/auto?

Does we have any reference on how this should be implemented, what is the right set command http://IP/skyfi/aircon/set_control_info?pow={pow}&mode={mode}&stemp={stemp}&shum={shum}&f_auto=1&f_mode=5 ?

I probably need to look for frate_steps and en_frate_auto to determine what modes that are supported.

@askpete do you have an idea what en_common_zone=1 could imply on your unit.

I have a 3 speed fan on a ducted unit which has been working flawlessly until I updated home assistant 2 days ago (I tend to update fairly regularly). It now gives only 2 speeds. The airbase app on my phone still has 3 speeds. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks always for the great work.

I’m working on a fix for this, sorry for the inconvenience.

I assume that you only see low/high. What happens when you set it to mid in the app?

The unit keeps track on different fan_rates for each mode, could you help me investigate what dfd2: 1 means. The 2 means cool, dfr usually means fan_rate, but I’ve not seen dfd before, perhaps it means fan_auto so dfd2: 1 + dfr2: 5 means in cool mode the fan is High/Auto.

You are correct - only Hi/Lo at the present on HA. The airbase app still sets Hi/Med/Lo.

I’ve changed a lot in how fanmodes are supported so it would be good if someone with an AirBase unit could test the 0.111 once the beta comes out.

hope this helps -

using home assistant dev 110 downloaded about 2 hours the daikin integration comes up at auto discovery, but fails to load…

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/daikin/config_flow.py”, line 77, in _create_device
password=password,
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_base.py”, line 118, in factory
await appl.init()
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_airbase.py”, line 54, in init
await super().init()
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_brp069.py”, line 88, in init
await self.update_status(self.HTTP_RESOURCES[1:])
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_base.py”, line 208, in update_status
self.values.update(await self._get_resource(resource))
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_base.py”, line 184, in _get_resource
return await self._run_get_resource(resource)
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_airbase.py”, line 61, in _run_get_resource
return await super()._run_get_resource(resource)
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_base.py”, line 197, in _run_get_resource
return self.parse_response(await resp.text())
File “/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_airbase.py”, line 42, in parse_response
response = super().parse_response(response_body)
TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

sorry - that should be

Home Assistant 0.111.0.dev0

Not great, not terrible.

Thanks for testing this, I’ve got a new version of /home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_airbase.py here: https://bitbucket.org/mustang51/pydaikin/src/c4550e40c40614d5fea16c6418ae2df7127588c2/pydaikin/daikin_airbase.py?at=dev please update the file and report back.

Thanks fredrike. That seems to have fixed it.

In fact, I have two airbase units…one about 10 years old…one only a few months. the newer one is now picking up all 3 fan modes, and the old one only 2 as usual.

On another note, I notice that the newer unit has an outside temperature appearing in the airbase app (which I never use normally and have only just noticed) but not coming up on the hass component. This doesn’t bother me at all - but someone might like it I guess.

I do get inside temperatures for both.
As you know already these are actually the duct temperature.

As it is I can display the room temperature on the wall controller only (by changing the view on the controller) but there is no daikin field setting to change this to the “inside temperature”. Unfortunately this is a daikin thing.

I believe you can expose the inside temperature from the wall thermostat if you have a daikin zone controller and use the daikin field settings appropriately.

1 Like

Interesting! I heard someone say that Airbase never support outside temperature. But that might not be Tru anymore. Could you try the pydaikin package and rund pydaikin -a <ip> and try to figure out which field that represents outside temperature and I’ll add it asap.

the only useful information seems to be from browser requests:

http://10.10.20.122/skyfi/aircon/get_sensor_info?lpw=
ret=OK,err=0,htemp=19,otemp=14
http://10.10.20.121/skyfi/aircon/get_sensor_info?lpw=
ret=OK,err=0,htemp=18,otemp=-

the first to the ip of my new unit which has what I presume is outside temp in the airbase app
the second to the ip of my old unit which presumably does not support outside temp

pydaikin -a does not seem to give any useful distinguishing information - I can send to you if you wish

http://10.10.20.121/skyfi/aircon/get_control_info?lpw=
does not give any useful distinguishing information from either ip

1 Like

Perfect! That is enough for me to add support for outside temp. Not sure what happens to -a

great!

thanks once again for your efforts!

1 Like

I just upgraded to. 0.111.0 and the integration page is suggesting I setup a newly discovered “Daikin” integration. The thing is, I’m already using the Daikin integration via the UI (not via yaml).

Should I ignore it or should I remove the old one and configure the new one?

Yeah i had the exact same thing… I think there is something related to a ZerofConf (@fredrike is looking in to this I believe).

it also appeared for me with different entity names

So what “I” did so far was
0. take note of all the entity names now visible

1. ignore the new integration
  2. edit the working entities to be the same name as previously (so all the automatons, UX cards stayed working)

seems ok so far…

[edit: noticed 0.111.1 is now out with a ZeroConf fix - not sure if it helps?]

Sorry, I don’t quite follow. If I ignore the new integration, why should I need to take note or alter the existing Daikin entities?

Also, I don’t see any entity names anywhere, that are mentioned in step 0. See my screenshot. Did you click configure and then back out and then click ignore?

After updating to 0.111.1 I still see the same thing - noting I have NOT clicked ignore yet.