Support for Daikin AirBase units

Would be great if someone with a Zeroconf device could test: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/36704

docker run --name=hadev -p 8123:8123 -it python:3.8 sh -c 'apt-get update; apt-get install -y python3-pip python3.7-dev python3.7-venv python-wheel-common autoconf libssl-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libjpeg-dev libffi-dev libudev-dev zlib1g-dev libavformat-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev libavutil-dev libswscale-dev libavresample-dev libavfilter-dev; git clone -b daikin-config_flow --single-branch https://github.com/fredrike/home-assistant.git /home-assistant; cd /home-assistant; git reset --hard; git pull; pip install sqlalchemy; script/setup; hass'

@nickdos does the latest 0.111.2 work for you in the current state?

1 Like

@Borgy - yes, that update fixed it for me. I no longer get the prompt about a newly discovered integration and the duplicate (new) integration disappeared too.

1 Like

I have just installed the Daikin integration on both a pi based H/A and also a H/A set up on my Synology NAS using the Hassio app. On the pi version I do not get an outside temperature sensor but on the NAS based one I do. Both versions have the same entries in the config yaml files. Any thoughts on why there would be a difference in the number of sensors?

what Daikin module do you have?
certainly seems strange to differ on same! (but my Daikin Airbase BRP15B61 does not show outside air temp!)

Are you running the same versions on HA-core?

I would guess that the issue is that your AC was off during startup of HA-core on your NAS (and on when starting HA-core on the PI).

anyone else seeing this error in the logs on a restart? (HA 111.4 - Rpi2)

2020-06-22 12:07:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 129, in async_init
    flow, flow.init_step, data, init_done
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 201, in _async_handle_step
    result: Dict = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/daikin/config_flow.py", line 133, in async_step_zeroconf
    await self.async_set_unique_id(next(iter(devices.values()))[KEY_MAC])
AttributeError: 'dict_values' object has no attribute 'values'

integration still seems to be working - entity OK / UX interaction on/off, etc!

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know i setup a new AIrbase controller on an older Daikin in Australia yesterday and all went well. It appears that i can not update the doco on Github - but it would be worthwhile to note that the BRP15B61 does not require a password or API key when registering it - simply the IP address.

I am fairly new to HA - is there somewhere to point me to where i can get started on modifying this integration ? For instance - my unit does not have integrated Zone controls - but rather a seperate bank of 240V switches that manage individual dampers - i intend to move these across to using a Sonoff 4 channel controller with ESPhome - and would like to put the switches into the same climate panel as the Daikin. Likewise i have integrated XIaomi Temp and Humidity sensors around the house and manage them through ESPHome - and i would like to feed their info back into an integrated single display

Craig

That have been fixed in Fix unique_id in Zeroconf flow by fredrike · Pull Request #36948 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I’m glad to hear!

Well, the documentation only states:

BRP072Cxx based units (including Zena devices) need to provide the API-key found on a sticker under the front cover during setup.

So no need to worry.

What do you mean by a single display? The simple thermostat support extra sensors. Otherwise I suggest that you look at Vertical stack card - Home Assistant and do something creative like the example at the bottom.

OK - thanks - what i meant was within the one card (thermostat) to have 4 zone control buttons (as well as for instance being able to change the fan speed by having two icons for low and high

I will check out the thread you have given me thanks

Craig

The duplicate Daikin integration has reverted with version 0.112.0.

just updated to 0.112.1 and i don’t see the issue… nothing additional discovered!

Here’s what I’m seeing - still there with 0.112.1

Yep i got the additional unit offered as well after the update

Craig

Could you try to remove it and add the discovered instead?

Sorry - do you mean remove the original one and add in the newly discovered one ?

Craig

Exactly, that is what I mean.

Hi Everyone,

I have a Daiking ducted which is connected via the BRP15A61 I believe. It is connected and I can control the unit Hassio but does not appear to be getting updates in terms of the indoor and outdoor temperature as the last readings are from 2 days ago. Does the unit need to be running to return readings?

Running hassio 0.113 in docker.

Thanks,
Alex

Just found the logs and can see that their is timeout and communication issues. Crappy Daikin controller :frowning:

Yes, the Airbase device is a real pice of crap. I’ve tried my best to keep the number of requests at a minimum and do retries when it fails but still we get these errors.