Support for Daikin BRC1H519W BLE controller

IT WORKS! :slight_smile:
So cool.

Bluetooth paired nicely, no problems and everything worked at first try :slight_smile:

I have only tried turn on/off and adjusting temp, but working fine.

Manu,

I have tried now in my Raspberry PI running Homeassistant in docker and I am unable to pass the install screen for the integration.

• Raspberry Pi 3

• I have BLE tracking integration enabled and working

• Madoka controller is paired with this Raspberry (it is where I was making the tests for my own library)

• I have installed pymadoka using pip in the container. I guess all the dependencies should have been pulled.

• In the Rapsberry Pi the bluetooth device is /dev/ttyAMA0. As mentioned above is exposed to the docker container and working for BLE discovery/tracking. I have tried to change it in the install screen (to just ttyAMA0 and the full /dev/ttyAMA0) with no luck. One weird thing is that running ‘hcitool dev’ shows hci0 but this device is non-existant in /dev/

• I have tried to enable logging but I don’t see anything in the logs

logger:
    default: info
    logs:
      custom_components.daikin_madoka: debug

You are right, the device is not listed in /dev because it is apparently managed by Bluez. I suggest you give “hci0” a try as the adapter because if it is listed with hcitool, it should work (the library talks to the Bluez-DBUS).

Regarding the logs, I haven’t tried setting up the logging in Home Assistant. The library is full of logs although the integration does not contain that many. However the library logger name starts with “pymadoka.”, is it possible to add that to the logs section with a “debug” value?

In any case, the integration checks if the adapter is valid before installing and returns a message when it is not.

By the way, pymadoka should install automatically as it is listed in the integragion manifest as a requirement.

Let me know if the hci0 worked. If not, I will try to setup my old raspi3 for testing.

should we continue the discussion in the component topic? It might help other users:

Yes, lets continue in the custom components topic.

I also have time to test with an RP3 later tonight.

Anyone has this problem?

If AC is operated by its Madoka device I did not get the update on home assistant, I mean that if I turn on ac by device I did not get that information in HA, where it’s still showing as off.