Support for displaying HA dashboard on Android TV?

I’m sure this has come up a few time before, but could we please consider an app for android tv?

Android Debug Bridge - Home Assistant.
Android TV Remote - Home Assistant.
GitHub - PRProd/HA-Firemote: Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Fire streaming stick, Chromecast, NVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi, and Android TV remote control emulator for Home Assistant.

So ya, just a few. I use all these.

I meant more an app on android TV for displaying HA dashboard ON android TV.

OK, gotch-ya.
I thought you meant the other way around.

TBH that wasn’t clear it your request.

I think that tv (at lest many of them) could be “too slow” for HA app, they doesn’t have a powerull CPU inside, since the main thing is a great image, not calculatuon (thus they have a great graphics processor, but only basic main CPU),. There’s quite power needed to run HA app. I have a number of old tablets which are useless for app. They can “sort of” run web page, but response is very slow. I know because i wanted to use old tablets for HA screens around the house, but i ended up buying new ones (or used laptops with touch screen - they can be decently priced) just because working with them makes you crazy (because response is awfull). Such slow cpu tablets also tend to freeze occasionally, or they show differences in HA (like temperature changes) only after minutes, not immediately…

Could you maybe update the title to reflect your specific wish and then I suggest you also vote for your own suggestion. :slight_smile:

Being able to show a selected dashboard, maybe as a screensaver?, would be awesome. No need for it to be interactive, at least for me. I would like to show, for instance, current PV power generation, SoC, etc.

1 Like

You should be able to cast to it. If you do not want cast you could download or sideload a web browser.