Support for GE Appliances (SmartHQ)

Hi guys,
Thanks for sharing this. I was able to install it using HACS and it discovered my washer and dryer automatically, and all theirs entities.
The only thing is an “Failed to Set up / Check the logs” error showing in red on it’s card at integration page. Besides of that, everything being working fine.
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 2.26.12 PM

Somebody got the same error?

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 2.31.04 PM

I have a general electric conditioner and works with smarthq, but is a very very bad app.

How can i integrate in home assistant?

https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=37108

Say that homekit is supported but home assistant never discover my conditioners

Only some GE window AC units support homekit. If yours does there will be a sticker on (I believe) the right side of the unit with the following info:

• network name
  • password
  • mac id
  • homekit code (if supported)

i have this product NIG25IN-20 and every ge air conditioner, not only windows unit, are homekit supported, in according to Smart Air Conditioners - Apple HomeKit

Infact if i reload homekit plugin in Home Assistant, i can see homekit code and qr code

I tried to associate it in homekit, and stuck on add devices.

maybe device need to be on i guess?

I have this one unit and i bought a wifi pen.

Senza titolo-1 copia

This issue has been fixed in later versions. We’re revamping some of the washer/dryer support so hopefully will have more features soon.

The last screenshot is the one that confirms that this device will work with the framework we’re developing. If you have a little time, we’d appreciate your help over at GitHub - simbaja/gehome: Python SDK for GE smart appliances to get started with supporting these devices. Basically, the first step is to run the SDK and get the list of options the device is presenting. Once we have those, we can work through interpreting them and then integrate them into HA.

2 Likes

Hi,

I love it! Yeah of course, now i’m going into github and learn how to help you

Hopefully we’ll see you over on the github project! In general, the GE appliances work through reading/writing “ERD” values that correspond to properties of the device. We’ve got the framework built such that we can read all ERD values even for unknown devices, so basically if people with devices can get the simbaja/gehome project working on their local machine, we can see all the properties we have to figure out from the debug log that’s generated. From there its a bit of trial-and-error until we get things right.

I have installed pip install gehomesdk in my home assistant, just i didn’t understand now, how to proceeded

I have installed the GE Home plugin VIA HACS and the integrations tab. Entered credentials and got the “Success” note. However I also am getting the “Failed to Setup. Check the Logs” on the integrations card. Never found any of my appliances or devices.

I guess is a work in progress for now.
At the moment I help to integrate AC with usb wifi pen. So if you have some AC like me, you can see some infos in previous post, in this thread, soon… dreams come true!

Sorry, I don’t come here that often.

@joshewing02, I responded to the issue on github - it looks like there’s some sort of invalid credential there (maybe a special character issue?). Let’s figure it out over at github.

@RobertusIT and I have been working through the Split A/C (and others have helped me with the Window A/C, I think that we’re getting close to having these in HA too.

Hi… firstly, thank you for picking up the torch on this project and keeping it going. I’m new to HA, like many others, and am really just starting to understand a lot of how this all works.

I was able to get the integration installed ok and in general everything is working well. My main curiosity is around your UI examples in the github repo. How did you build out the “Oven Controls” card?

Those are actually just the built-in entity cards for the oven (well, for “water heaters” which is what we’re using to simulate an oven). You’d just click on your oven entity and turn it on and it should appear. Hope this helps!

Yep I found it. Thanks, @simbaja!

The HACS step worked for me but when adding the integration, I get config flow could not be loaded. Usually uninstall, reinstall clear these up, but not this time. Is there a file somewhere I need to delete?

Just wanted to say thank you and that this works with the new Series 9 Fisher & Paykel washing machines which use SmartHQ.

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry for the dufus question … I don’t know where / get prompted to enter my username/password for SmartHQ.

I added the repository, rebooted … but then can’t find the integration anywhere?

Any idea’s?

All the best

Jason