Support for HiHome

I have not been able to find a simple method of connecting my HiHome switches to HA. I have seen posts where you need to flash them but that it taking it too far for me.

They operate on the Tuya protocol, so I guess it should be possible. Likewise they are supported by Google Assistant and Alexa.

Can anyone create a plugin for HiHome so it will be possible to use them with HA?

So the Tuya integration does not find them?

No, unfortunately not.

Apparently it works with homekit. Do you have an apple device you could always leave on at home as a hub (old iphone, iPad, apple Tv, etc…)?

If not, apparently it works with the Wink integration too: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/7m2yin/how_to_use_an_ihome_plug_with_ha/

HiHome (www.hihome.eu) also works with Google Assistant. I don’t think the Wink integration is right it referrs to iHome products.

I think the Tuya plugin just needs to have the HiHome app inclyded as an option

Sorry iHome… hiHome, very similar when not looking too closely.

Unless there are developers that have these devices and hihome has a publicly accessible API (they don’t appear to), the chances of that happening are slim.

Using it via a HomeKit hub would be your best bet.

Did you ever find a solution for the HiHome products? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have registered my HiHome devices on my mobile device within the Tuya app (everything works correctly within this app), next to LSC Smart devices ,followed the instructions to integrate with the Tuya integration, but with mixed results. The smart plugs work correclty, but the camera feed of my HiHome outdoor camera does not work, the LSC Smart Indoor Camera is working correctly.

So I am hoping for any progress…
Kr
Edward

Is there any news about an direct integration?