Support for Local Neurio Power Sensor

Has anyone created a Hass.io plugin for the Neurio local sensor? I know that there is support for the Neur.io service but I like to keep things local and not dependent on cloud services if at all possible.

All of the information is available on the local sensor and the cloud service seem less than useful these days. If no one has created a local sensor can I get pointers on how to create one of my own? This device has a webpage on the local net that provides JSON output.

The JSON format looks like this:

// 20180922092493
// http://192.168.10.9/current-sample

{
  "sensorId": "0x0000C47F51019B7D",
  "timestamp": "2018-09-22T13:28:31Z",
  "channels": [
    {
      "type": "PHASE_A_CONSUMPTION",
      "ch": 1,
      "eImp_Ws": 119434880724,
      "eExp_Ws": 23,
      "p_W": 645,
      "q_VAR": 79,
      "v_V": 123.087
    },
    {
      "type": "PHASE_B_CONSUMPTION",
      "ch": 2,
      "eImp_Ws": 130301420433,
      "eExp_Ws": 23,
      "p_W": 918,
      "q_VAR": -16,
      "v_V": 122.051
    },
    {
      "type": "CONSUMPTION",
      "ch": 3,
      "eImp_Ws": 249736301446,
      "eExp_Ws": 41,
      "p_W": 1563,
      "q_VAR": 63,
      "v_V": 122.569
    }
  ],
  "cts": [
    {
      "ct": 1,
      "p_W": 645,
      "q_VAR": 79,
      "v_V": 123.087
    },
    {
      "ct": 2,
      "p_W": 918,
      "q_VAR": -16,
      "v_V": 122.051
    },
    {
      "ct": 3,
      "p_W": 0,
      "q_VAR": 0,
      "v_V": 0.000
    },
    {
      "ct": 4,
      "p_W": 0,
      "q_VAR": 0,
      "v_V": 123.080
    }
  ]
}

Did anything come of this? I’m interested. Love to keep things local

Never heard back from anyone.

My understanding is that web pages can be used as sensors and this one is well formatted for exactly that. I’ll admit I haven’t looked very hard but an example of someone doing that would hopefully get me going. I’d have to understand the JSON parsing as well, but that seems more straightforward.

Completely agree on keeping things local. I just put in a Rheem water heater and there’s no way (that I know of) to get information from it on the local network. You must go to the cloud provider. And they don’t provide one of the things I’d like to see most, is the water heater on or off?

The library used for the cloud based sensor in home assistant also supports querying the local usage. The method is get_local_current_sample and you can see its unit test here. Neurio documents the local API as well.

So, overall it should be pretty easy to add a local IP configuration parameter to the neurio sensor and add local usage.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I have been using Rheem/Econet for about 6 months with HA. It has been pretty reliable until about a week ago when something changed. It is back now and working. However, it is open ended commands only thru their cloud AFAIK.

One of these days IoT items are going to crash, just pick a reason, and there are going to be a lot of people crying. Not sure why it seems to be an ignored issue by most.

Thanks for this. I hope to be able to implement.

bump would be interested too