Support for Nature Remo

Hi, just wondering if anybody uses Nature Remo to control their air conditioners?

A little background. It’s something similar to Sensibo or Tado. Besides being an IR blaster to control your ac unit, It has sensors for humidity, illumination and temperature.

I have googled a bit and have seen a Japanese Home Assistant user implemented using jsonrest.py in Custom Components.

I tried to replicate what k1asa did but hitting error when checking config “Integration jsonrest not found when trying to verify its sensor platform.” I have placed jsonrest.py in /config/custom_components/sensor.

I’m running hass.io Home Assistant 0.92.1 on RPi3B+.

Appreciate if anyone can point the error of my ways or let me know if there is a custom component out there for Nature Remo.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello
Nature Remo is a popular smart IR controller in Japan.
I own Nature Remo and control it via API. I sincerely hope for integration with Home Assistant.
But I have no programming experience.
Is there anything I can help with the integration?

I especially want Nature Remo’s air conditioning control to integrate with Home Assistant.

Hello there!!

I’ve been working on developing Nature Remo integration for couple of weeks and just published codes here.

Currently, only supporting AC and energy sensor (because I’m not connecting any other devices to NR). Each AC remote has bit different settings (e.g. fan mode, temperature range) and some function might not compatible for now because I’m only testing on my AC.

I’m not sure how many people now use NR in this community but hope this useful to someone :wink:

If you have any question/problem, reply to me here or create issue on GitHub.

3 Likes

Wonderful!
I sincerely wanted that Nature Remo would be integrated into HA.
Thank you so much! !

It works very well with the living room AC. Is it possible to also add the other Remos to HA?
As for now, it only shows one of the three Remos in my house.

Sorry for the late response. I’ll look into it.

Is it just me, or did core-2021.3 break this for everyone? Sad, as it has been working so well. Anyway, thank you for this useful integration.

I’m just trying 2021.3.3 and it works fine for me except these warnings showing at launch.

2021-03-09 13:14:23 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration nature_remo which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-03-09 13:14:23 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'nature_remo'. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of 'nature_remo'

The second one is a new requirement announced from 2021.3 so I just fixed this and pushed as v0.5. I’m not sure if this resolve your issue but please try this out.

I’ve tried your update. I’ve tried everything else I can think of, as well: regenerating the token, logging out and in, even removing the device from Nature Remo’s software and starting over. There is just no communication between the HA entity and the device any longer. Do you think it could be my hardware? I have a Remo mini V.1.

Could you check the log message on the HA? If you restart the HA server and do not see any logs related to nature_remo, it means that the custom component is not loaded.
You can also configure the logger by putting something like this in configuration.yaml

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.nature_remo: debug

I’ve found the problem. I had logged into the home.nature.global site from a different email address once, which they stored on their cookie, and it became the page I was always sent to for generating access codes to their API, but none of those codes worked on the account my device is actually on. So none of this had anything to do with 2021.3 or your excellent integration. Sorry to have troubled you with this silly problem, and thanks again for your hard work.

1 Like

In case anyone else needs it, I added light support to Y-Yuto’s Nature Remo custom component (there’s a PR). I use it to control Nitori ceiling light. Here’s my setup.

2 Likes

I also add temperature, humidity, and illuminance sensors to Y-Yuto’s component. You can find the PR here.

1 Like

Hi Yuto-san,

Thank you for developing this component. I was checking on HA compatibility before buying a Nature Remo Mini2 and found your repo but I have a few questions.

1. Which models does your component support?
  2. Does it use local or cloud push?
  3. Does it support Japanese AC which use ±2 temperature for dry/auto modes instead of °C?
1 Like

Hi, I have Nature Remo 1st, 2nd and Mini, and I control the air conditioner with this custom component.
This custom component is cloud-pushed.

Temperature control by ± is also possible.

1 Like

This is a pretty cool module, very cool that you made it.

When I tried to automate turning on the AC in my garage after it gets above a certain temp it does send the command but it turns it heat mode.

Here is the automation code. I imagine I’m missing something simple.

- id: '1702440760692'
  alias: Garage Too hot
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
    - climate.nature_remo_garage
    attribute: current_temperature
    to: '85'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
    target:
      entity_id: climate.nature_remo_garage
    data:
      hvac_mode: cool
  - service: climate.turn_on
    target:
    data: {}
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    target:
    data:
      hvac_mode: cool
      temperature: 72
  mode: single

Using the Card on the Dashboard I can put the system into Cool mode, but trying to alter the target Temp throws an error that

Failed to call service climate/set_temperature.‘mode’