Support for Tuya smoke detectors

what firmware did you flash exactly?

Hi,

I used this guide to flash tasmota.

1 Like

thank you the flasing worked. However, I will only get unknown status in Home Assistant. Any idea?

on MQTT Explorer it shows

tasmota_87A520

LWT = Offline

INFO1 = {"Info1":{"Module":"Nedis WIFIDS10WT","Version":"12.2.0(tasmota)","FallbackTopic":"cmnd/DVES_87A520_fb/","GroupTopic":"cmnd/tasmotas/"}}

INFO2 = {"Info2":{"WebServerMode":"Admin","Hostname":"tasmota-87A520-1312","IPAddress":"192.168.178.180"}}

INFO3 = {"Info3":{"RestartReason":"Software/System restart","BootCount":56}}

RESULT = {"TuyaReceived":{"Data":"55AA000000010101","Cmnd":0,"CmndData":"01"}}

STATE = {"Time":"2022-10-20T16:41:13","Uptime":"0T00:00:11","UptimeSec":11,"Heap":23,"SleepMode":"Dynamic","Sleep":50,"LoadAvg":19,"MqttCount":1,"POWER":"ON","Wifi":{"AP":1,"SSId":"xxx","BSSId":"xxx","Channel":6,"Mode":"11n","RSSI":100,"Signal":-48,"LinkCount":1,"Downtime":"0T00:00:05"}}
1 Like

Following exact same issue here.

Edit:
Just my first short dive in to this issue.
The smoke detector publishes data into topic:
Topic: ā€œhomeassistant/binary_sensor/E8DB84BCA915_test/configā€
But there is no data in this topic for example:
ā€œstate_topicā€:ā€œstat/%topic%/TESTā€

At least if I look in MQTT if it receives a payload there is nothing.

Hi, I wonder if in the meantime there is a solution to this. I also flashed the NEDIS smoke detectors. And Iā€™m getting ā€˜unavailableā€™ for all the diagnositc parameters.
If I look at the MQTT explorer, I don;t see any MQTT messages coming by.
So I get the impression that the smoke detectors is just not sending any messages at all.

ā€“ Paul

It works after I rebooted HA. Initially it showed unavailable.in HA.

I had the same issue, and there is a easy fixā€¦

Go to you developer portal for tuyaā€¦
Go to Cloud ā†’ development, than open you project (used for Home assistant)
Go to Devices

Hover over you Smoke detector in te section "View Devices by Product.
"
Click on the pencil icon (Change Control Instruction Mode)
It is default set on ā€œStandard Instructionā€ change it to ā€œDP Instructionā€
Now you see that the table is filled, also with smoke_sensor_stateā€¦ Which you need for HASS.

It will give you a warning , just ignore

Now go to home assistant and restart, after the restart you will find the smoke detector state in HASSā€¦

Good luck!

2 Likes

Huh that is a pretty easy solution for us that donā€™t want to flash (or cant). Worked on my nedis WIFIDS10WT!

I followed your steps and the Nedis Smoke detector is found in Home Assistant.

However, it has no entities so itā€™s not possible to use it for anything. Do you know what I could do?

I canā€™t find ā€œsmoke_sensor_stateā€ in the Tuya table after changing to DP Instruction either.

I havenā€™t flashed my WIFIDS10WT.