Support Risc-v 64 as host platform for haas

Hello,

I found a way to start my haas on ARM64 (with minor problems: esphome compilations and so on) but see neither docker nor VM images for RISC-V64 platform.
Is there a plans for porting haas to this hardware platform as well?

Add riscv64 release · Issue #363 · home-assistant/supervised-installer · GitHub was closed as not planned because Home Assistant does not support riscv64 architecture

Further Add riscv64 release · Issue #191 · home-assistant/os-agent · GitHub was closed as not planned because Home Assistant RISC-V “is not an architecture we are currently willing to support.”

I have setup a container that has the core and it should be the fastest way to install it.
It is quite large since (for now) the container includes developer tools. Most python modules do not have whl packages, so they have to be compiled locally and this changes an installation process that would last only a couple of minutes, to several hours.

Yet, so far is working fine and fast in multiple riscv64 hardware I own so hopefully more people can install it and test it.

Since it’s a container it should work in many SBCs as well as larger hardware like the milkv pioneer (64-cores, 128G ram). Please feel free to request any features or to let me know about any bugs.

Note: It’s based on Debian as there is no Ubuntu 24.04 container, yet.

https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/fede2/riscv64-homeassistant/general

Very nice, thanks for sharing the docker container.

The architecture riscv64 would need to be added as an architecture decision record; per-requisite discussion begins at Supported boards/hardware/machines: riscv64 · home-assistant/architecture · Discussion #1107 · GitHub