Supported Light Effects for LEDVANCE bulbs

Ok thanks. I wound up moving back to ZHA as it shows fine there. Now I can see it in developer -> tools -> state again…but I still don’t see the attributes in the light pop up. Not the worst thing in the world but it would be nice.

Latest versions of both. What do you mean by attributes in pop up ? Do you mean the more-info dialog box ? Mine only shows the sliders and the colour wheel and the light effects drop down when the light is on

EDIT: I see what you mean now, the screenshot I did above. Mine also do not show any of those attributes when on, don’t know when that changed !
It must be a change in HA as I have some WIFI colour bulbs and they also don’t show any attributes

Okay great to know. At least I can see the color attributes in the developer panel (and even more important query them in Node Red) which I couldn’t do on my deConz install.

Yes they show up for me in the dev panel just not the more info card. Wonder why that changed ? It must have been between May 14th and now

Could you all share how that looks? Seems like ZHA might be more useful than Deconz…

I’m new to Home Assistant and just installed it a couple days ago and added my LEDVANCE A19 RGBW bulbs through ZHA using the HUSBZB-1 stick. I can see the temperature control, color wheel, and the dimmer settings but I am not able to see the color effects. I see some people are able to see the properties in the dev options but I cant see that either. Is there anything I am missing?

(Since I cant post one than one image at a time lol)

If you look in the STATES page in DEV TOOLS, is there an attribute called effect_list ?

My LEDVANCE bulbs only show 1, colorloop

Nope nothing like that from what I can see. These bulbs are the Sylvania Smart+ bulbs I got from amazon, are they the same ones you are using?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H8LZ7QK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Strange.

No not quite, I have the GU10 ones.

You’re not alone, see here:

Just yesterday I happened to be looking at this again… I didn’t get very far because I had to go to work but I found that Smartthings seems to be able to use the colorloop built into the bulb so I didn’t know if there was a way to modify the zhaquirks in order to support that. It seems to use “loopon” and “loopoff” in the bulb itself… maybe someone knows more about these quirk files and could take a look…

I have some GU10 Ledvance bulbs in ZHA and the colorloop effect shows up and works fine, maybe look at the quirk for those to see if its different to the A19 ones ?

They are listed in ZHA as PAR16 RGBW Z3by LEDVANCE

"manufacturer": "LEDVANCE",
"model": "PAR16 RGBW Z3",
"class": "zigpy.device.Device"

I also have OSRAM (older Ledvance) CLA60 and the colorloop works on that too

EDIT, cant see a quirk for my bulbs ?

1 Like

Its been a while since I worked on this, but there is something that is not exposed from the Deconz RESTapi side that prevents the color loop.
If I initiate the color loop from the actual Deconz gui the color loop initiates, but from outside I get nothing.

Figured I would provide an update. The A19 bulbs I got late 2019 don’t have the color loop option but the new A19 bulbs that I got late last year do. Nothing different in the classes except that the effect list is not an attribute in the older A19 bulbs. I tried adding it using the customize entity which I got it to show up in the UI but I still need to verify the functionality.

Edit: yeah unfortunately matching up the attributes to the newer A19 bulbs just doesn’t work

So I had been messing around trying to send cluster commands to my older bulbs to try to turn on the color_loop manually and get the same behavior you got(no color loop). I also tried a couple new bulbs (bought a couple months ago) and also see the color loop available for those but yet everything in the clusters looks identical… there must be something we are missing… did you happen to look at this any further?

Nope, I didnt.
What method are you using to manually send cluster commands? Deconz VNC?
On the newer bulbs, the color loop still did engage, correct?

If we knew what cluster command was being sent from the Deconz dashboard, I bet we could use ZHA to manually send it as well without having to deal with the rest API disconnect…