Supported Light Effects for LEDVANCE bulbs

I have been searching for the supported light effects for these bulbs to no avail. Looks like there use to be an Osram gateway but that service is being winded down due to sale of the product, and LEDVANCE was created. I am trying to implement the color loop (or any other) effect, but nothing seems to make a difference.
Right now I can simulate a color loop effect by transitioning between the three primary colors, but im sure there are some other neat effects hidden that I am unaware of that can be called with a command.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

I have these connected to a conbee and have the colorloop effect avilable in HA
How are yours connected ?

They are connected via Smartthings integration, so MQTT.
I have a Conbee on order.
Could you share the JSON data of how you call your effect? Maybe its something thats filtered between my HA install and my ST hub…

It’s just called from the light popup:

1 Like

I have 8 in a deconz group and set that group to colorloop if I want them all to be the same colour while looping, if not, I set each separately

Ah. I likely will need to wait until I get them integrated natively instead of through the ST integration. Many thanks

Nice. Do they change in sync?

Only if you create a deconz group. If you group them in HA, they don’t

1 Like

Awesome. This clears up the last reservations I had about these bulbs.
Thanks for the info. Disco party here I come.

Only issue I have is the newer bulbs (LEDVANCE) wont go blue with deconz, they are kind of purple, the older ones (OSRAM) ones do. There has been an issue on deconz for ages.

I have both and it is noticeable so have grouped each type (new ones at the back of the house, old ones at the front)

https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/1499

Had you tried making them blue with any other zigbee controller?

They did work correctly when I had them connected to a OSRAM hub

Ah yes, looking through that topic I see the nature of the issue. Sounds highly annoying. Seems like it should be a relatively easy fix, as it looks like its the ZLL tag that causes some bug (from a high level view anyway). I do have some older without the LEDVANCE tag and newer bulbs…
Sucks that there doesnt seem to be any movement concerning the bug. Maybe once I get the USB stick we could look into debugging it…

That’d be great if you could

Sooo I ended up confirming this issue the hard way.
Finally got my Conbee II and blue is washed out crap.
Sadly enough it seems the ZHA component also does the same thing. This points to it being a home assistant issue IMO, as the colors work perfectly when connected to the SmartThings hub

Digging further, looks like ZHA support with the Conbee is limited to using zigpy-deconz to send commands to the USB stick. So Dresden’s api is still in use, same was with using Phoscon.
Guess the best bet would be to wait until zigbee2mqtt works. I tried it but could not get it to communicate with the Conbee II. Also one has to consider if the implementation will be using the API, same as native ZHA.
With that in mind, I think its time to return the Conbee II.

Someone has posted a reason it happens on the GitHub page but no solution yet. Not sure if it’s HA or deconz as HA just sends an RGB value.

I think its an HA issue. I was able to get the blue hue exactly the same as in smartthings thanks to the clues that guy gave.
Maybe we can interface with the rest API manually some way to send the colors we want…
Also, the color loop feature does not work for me.

What versions of deconz and HA are you running? I don’t get any of the attributes in my light popups since moving to deconz. I also don’t see the color attributes in the developer tools -> state unless I am playing with the color in the color picker.

Currently, i am running HA 113.0 and deconz 6.2.2.
The issue is how the Zigbee standard is implemented within the bulb firmware. The bulbs do not report some of their supported attributes so they are deemed unsupported within deconz, but when using the commands manually within the VNC console everything works as expected.
There is a v2 of the REST API that is being worked on for Deconz, but I have no idea of whether this will resolve this nor when it will be released.