Sure Petcare - fails to initialise

I’m getting an Invalid Config notification for surepetcare when I restart HA, and all surepetcare related sensors and binary sensors show as unavailable.

The error logged is:

Logger: homeassistant.components.surepetcare
Source: components/surepetcare/__init__.py:89 
Integration: surepetcare ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/surepetcare), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+surepetcare%22)) 
First occurred: 2:17:17 PM (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 2:17:17 PM

Unable to connect to surepetcare.io: Wrong !

which isn’t the most descriptive error. There’s nothing returned/logged as the error, unlike the Wrong credentials error.

My config is valid (substituted IDs):

surepetcare:
  username: 'user@domain'
  password: !secret surepetcare_password
  flaps: [123]
  pets: [123, 123, 123]

If I remove most of my integrations from configuration.yaml and only have a few essentials ones like default_config, recorder and logger, then the surepetcare sensors load correctly.

I slowly added back items to configuration.yaml, removed them again and tried a few different combinations, and it’s not one particular thing that consistently stops surepetcare from working.

My system is a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, Home Assistant 0.117.5, HassOS 4.15. My full configuration.yaml is 850+ lines.

Since it works with a minimal config, it seems to me to be some sort of timing issue (network timeout?). Maybe the Pi 3 is being pushed too far?

I don’t know how to dig any deeper, any tips or suggestions welcomed.

Same problem here, but on a i3 machine on proxmox.
I did move the last integration that was done in confiigration.yaml to the lower part of the config, now it works again.
Not sure if it still will be valid after 10 reboots, but for now it looks like it’s working and for sure there is some timeouts going on.

Same problem here, lost connection without changing any of the parameters working priorly. Login on the Sure Petcare Web app works perfectly. Any suggestion?

It works 90% + of the time for me now. I upgraded from a Pi3 to Pi4. I think the extra processing speed is the magic ingredient.

Nope… same issue on a Rpi 4… I currently have hardly anything in my configuration.yaml file. Very annoying. It got worse after the last updates of HA.

Same here, already created a ticket a while ago but no response from the dev yet.