Sureflap Connect - Pet Door

Just had 9ml removed without it knowing who and home assistant still showing old amount. OK it did update but took 40 mins how come? Everything else seems to update within 5 mins.

Also can’t see attributes on the felaqua anymore.

@benleb I’m using the new 4.0 version, and don’t seem to be able to set the device tracker state with device_tracker.see. What am I missing?

use the sureha.set_pet_location service :slight_smile: (i’ll have to check what needs to be done that it also works with device_tracker.see first, sorry.)

btw, it’s now possible the configure the voltages for „low“ and „full“ batteries yourself. With that, I think we solve all these strange problem with the batterie levels.

2 Likes

So reading this are people seeing random values around their battery reported values and if they are reporting empty or not??
I would be interested to know if folks have graphed the values as they drop. As the Pet Door vs all other devices is completely different and the Door reports back every hour with an ADC value whereas the others also have a specific message they send when the device drops an ADC increments.
The other area I was interested in is when the device actually dies vs when low voltage is reported. And things like on the doors if having curfews or not unlocking/locking has an impact on battery life.

1 Like

I’m seeing some variance on the cat flap, but not on the feeders.
Our cat flap batteries were still showing as 76% when they died last time, but with the current set of batteries they are at 58%. I’ve noticed they often report massive drops in battery temporarily, which I’ve mitigated in HA by requiring the level to remain <= X before we receive any low battery notifications.

For the most part the measures in HA seem to track as expected for us (i.e. gradual reduction over time) and certainly far better than the official app that spams us daily with low battery notifications presumably triggered by the brief blips in readings.

Feeder:

Flap:

Just graphed some values over the last month taking the raw converted MQTT using my stack pethublocal stack values directly when the Feeder/Felaqua/Cat Flap reports it rather than polling the cloud. Interestingly the Cat Flap sends updates a lot more frequently and bounces around a lot more even though it is the least busy of all as I am just using it for testing and the cat isn’t using it.
I didn’t include the Pet Door values as I was interested to see how the non Pet Door values tracked as they are sent as number + 3 decimal places value.

Having just upgraded from 2021.6.6 to 2021.9.7 am I right in thinking that feeder sensors are not yet at feature parity in the core integration compared with the sureha repo?

Correct, it is not added to the core integration yet

1 Like

Been away from this tread for a while but realised what I think is a sensor to look at and a service to set the lock state.

In my entities there is a sensor

but it always unavailable and seems to have a battery class.

Running all the latest updates to HA 2021.9.6

Am I missing something.

The sensor was removed: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/55884#issuecomment-913994680

Hopefully, the locks platform will be ready for 2021.10: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/56396
Then you can both control and see the state of the flaps

Hi, noob question! installed the hacs addon sureha but i just cant find any thing regarding config not even where to put username and password for hubb connect.

anyone willing to share?

Thanks, Erik

Some news regarding the official Surepetcare integration.

I have done several changes to improve the code quality of the integration and fix some bugs:

Some new features are:

• service to set pet location
  • locks to control and see the status of pet flaps

Some sensors are not in the official integration yet. Any contributions are welcome.
No known bugs, so please test the 2021.10 beta version and report any issues. (The beta is planned to be released later today)

2 Likes

Awesome work @Danielhiversen :clap:

Now the last missing things are the other devices - I start with this now :fist:

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

great work guys - just a thought is it possible to have a service to toggle pet location?

I know this can be achieved using an automation/script, but could be handy if pet doesnt always use the petdoor to enter/exit

Any reason not to use the sureha.set_pet_location service?

I’d like to use a button, which i already use to show pet location, and a tap on the button to toggle the location if incorrect - lazy i know! Its not a must, just a nice to have - i could script it i suppose and call the script

EDIT: Perhaps a helper toggle would achieve this via automation

Yeah, that’s what I do. Use the service and tie it long-press.

1 Like

hi, do you have more info on this one? i just cant get it to work.
Erik

Are you using the core HA integration or the sureha custom install? When I tested the native integration 10 days ago, the door sensor was not working although yesterday a lot of the working stuff in the sureha integration is starting to make its way over probably for the next HA release? It you’re using sureha, share your code.