Surepetcare - Who has it working?

So I’m using the Surepetcare integration, as I have two of the Cat Feeders.

The integrations installs and picks up the Cat Feeders and the cats, but the status itself never seems to change.

Specifically the pets, they are always set to “Away”.
I noticed that the feeders sometimes have their RSSI that changes, but that’s about it.

I tried changing the scan time from 3 minutes (default) to 30 seconds, but that made no difference.

I was hoping that I could see when the cats were at the feeders, so that I could make some automations based on that, but… nothing. The documentation is also a bit slim…

Who else uses this integration? How’s it working for you? Do I have a misunderstanding of what the sensors are supposed to be doing?

I’ve had the integration installed for hub + flap + 2 feeders since its release in HA Core (currently 0.114.3) in a Python3.7 venv on Ubuntu 18.04. I use the default scan time and a dedicated surepet account in view mode for access.

The only time the integration has failed is when the surepet service falls over (i.e. total failure on all apps, website, etc.).

The binary_sensors for pets should change state to reflect the current status in SurePet on each poll.
Feeders have binary_sensors showing connectivity status (with battery attributes) only.
Flap should provide a sensor with locked status and a binary_sensor with connectivity.
Hub should provide binary_sensor with connectivity status (and led_mode, pairing_mode attributes).

There is no indication when pets are / were at the feeders.

This is probably the definitive thread to date.

1 Like