Survey about integrations developed by novice programmers

Hello there!

I’m conducting a research survey as part of my Ph.D. thesis, and I need your help!

Therefore, I am inviting you to participate in a survey to gather opinions on some code snippets written by novice programmers. Those snippets are extracted from Home Assistant integration.

Even if you don’t have deep experience with Home Assistant, your participation is still valuable as long as you have some knowledge of computer programming and Python.

Participating in this survey, you’ll be directly contributing to the advancement of programming education and research. Feel free to share this survey with anyone you think might be interested!

Here’s the link to the survey:

Thank you in advance for your time and contribution.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Home Assistant doesn’t have plug-ins.

Due to lack of clarity, I ‘assumed’ plug-ins might mean blueprints or custom_templates.

Apparently it means Custom Integrations and similar. (I think)

1 Like

I’m getting a 404 error when I click on your link.

1 Like

This is quite strange… Try to use this other one:

Let me know if they are working and thank you very much for your cooperation!

Hi, thank you for your response and for your interest in the survey!

You’re correct in your understanding. In this study, we’re using the term “plug-in” to refer to any piece of software that extends the functionality of a “base software”.

In the context of Home Assistant, this includes Custom Integrations and add-ons, which can be seen as “plug-ins” in a broader sense. They add new features and capabilities to the base Home Assistant software, much like how plug-ins work in other software ecosystems.

I hope this clears up any confusion. We’re specifically focusing on Custom Integrations in this study. If you have any more questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask!

Rumor has it that clicking random ‘survey’ links on message boards can get you listed on the dark web.

I can already get listed there by clicking on links to get the millions of dollars owed to me by some government, country, prim minister, etc.

Or, by some legitimate company I deal with getting hacked because some employee of theirs clicks on a random ‘survey’ link on a message board.

ETA …
This type of request should be vetted by the owners of the board. I am uncomfortable leaving this request visible. Shortened URLs are a huge issue for something that is ‘legitimate’.

Please contact @MissyQ to post surveys like this. Closing for now.