SweetHome 3D floorplan to Espresence converter

I noticed that doing edit the yaml to get your floor plan so you can use it on Espresence is not an easy task. As I already had my plan on SweetHome 3D i decided to make a converter. It’s on early stages, but it worked fine with my file.

Hope it helps someone too. I plan to add more functionality in the future
Online demo

3 Likes

Very cool. Was hoping someone would do this. Thank you.

Let me know if it worked with your plan also. Not sure how stable will be as I only tested with my own plan.

I also wanna add more options in the future like adding the nodes clicking on the preview

It worked fine for my houseplan. Its all negative offsets on the vertical plane which slightly annoys me but doesn’t hinder it working at all. It was very easy to add back in my node locations and everything seems to be working great with it. I have been using the map generated with your script over the one I made for the last few days and will report back if I notice any problems. Overall, I’m pretty impressed with it, nice work!

Thanks! Glad it worked for you too.

Its all negative offsets on the vertical plane which slightly annoys me but doesn’t hinder it working at all.

The thing is that Y axis is top to bottom on SweetHome 3D and the other way on Espresence. Because of this the map on Espresence was mirrored. To fix this I just inverted the Y axis (This is why you see them with negative numbers). I do not think would be too hard to improve to make them positive but dit not bother as I did not notice any side effect or problem.

Great work! Saved me quite a few hours. Thanks!