↔️ Swipe Navigation

Just released 1.0.8 with a fix.

Since 1.0.6 this does no longer work for me. The error has been resolved in 1.0.8 (the one mentioned before) but it no longer swipes. I am still using 1.0.5 as this was the last version that worked for me.

Edit: tried it on a new install of HA, still no result. No errors are thrown in the logs. It just wont swipe. 1.0.5. Works fine though.

1 Like

Thank you, very helpful. 1.0.9 (just released) should fix iOS devices. Looks like my fix for swipe-card issues is unsupported in iOS, but also may not have been needed on those devices.

thanks
works now again within the ios app

1 Like

Wanted to tell you earlier but totally forgot. Will try this as soon as I get home.

It is working again in iOS for me as well, though I still get this error. I do not actually know if this is caused by the iOS app or by Firefox.

Not really breaking, but still worth to mention. It is a different error than the one @deluxestyle was facing, though if you read it in a hurry you might miss the difference.

swipe-navigation/lovelace-swipe-navigation.js?v=2.1:93:28 TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'element.dispatchEvent')

Anyways great work. You are the author of CCH as well right?

Yup, @mayker here & maykar on github. Working on adding this to CCH and the default tab feature you were looking for in its next release.

Thanks for the heads up, will look into it.

Ah no worries, I’m not in a hurry, just wanted to tell you that I appreciate the work you do.

1 Like

Custom updater still shows 1.0.7 as current version.
I updated manually but still shows 1.0.7

1 Like

I have a same issue.

1 Like

My bad, forgot to update the tracker. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you so much again
Now I got an update via custom updater.

Thank you!

Release 1.1.0

• Added swipe animations, can be toggled in config.
2 Likes

The animation is working but there is a strange gray transition between the views.

20190507_214728

For me in pages with a long vertical-stack (which exceeds the screen size on an iphone) when swiping with animation enabled it will try to render the entire stack in the view. It will mess up until you refresh the page. When animate is set to false this is no longer an issue.

See screenshot:

I believe that is your background color, I will look into supporting background images by animating a child element of what I’m currently using.

@krovachek @jimz011

For now I’ve added a disclaimer to the feature as well as made it off by default. Looks like there are a few unexpected quirks. Unfortunately, I don’t think they can be solved in the current animation method, but will look into other options.

I’m currently “cheating” to achieve the scrolling effect. The view element swipes off screen, navigates to next view (in the same element), then it quickly jumps to the other side of the screen and moves in. This just gives the illusion one is swiping out and the other is swiping in.

I understand now, I think you are right. Thank you for your efforts!!! :beers:

@mayker i would like to use this, but was actually waiting for your decision on integrating it into CCH or not. Can you tell me what your idea’s are?