Switch back to default dashboard after some time

Hi everyone,

I can’t find such a feature in documentation or the app, but maybe I’m missing something.

Is it possible (in the Android companion app) to switch back to the default dashboard if the screen stays in another dashboard for some minutes or so?

Have a nice one,
Hauke

1 Like

not automatically but you can always use the below command to navigate to any dashboard at any time

https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/notification-commands/#webview

Alternatively you can also use the following feature to force the dashboard to load when you open the app.

https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/integrations/android-webview#always-show-first-view-on-app-start

1 Like

This is a feature that I’d like as well.

Scenario: I have a default Home dashboard. If somebody in the house selects another dashboard (energy, Media, whatever) and walks away, I’d like the displayed dashboard to default back to Home after some timeout.

One option I haven’t explored yet is to have Card_Mod navigate back to the Home dashboard after some period has elapsed, but not sure how to implement this in practice.

You can use browser mod. I have this for my wall tablet.

Damn, that would have been nice. Sadly, the iPad (which I’m using for testing) doesn’t offer that trigger :frowning:

Maybe I have to reconsider the type of tablet I’m going to use for deployment throughout the house. I was thinking of old iPad Air from eBay, but maybe I’ll look at other alternatives.

Anyway, thanks for trying.

Try viewtimeout
You also need card-tools

And my thanks to this post for pointing me to a solution:

Any idea how to make this work? Installed viewtimeout and card-tools, tried multiple times, but nothing seems to work in my config. I have put the config in the raw config editor.

download the timeout.js file from here GitHub - BWilky/viewtimeout: Returns to default view after activity timeout and put it in your www directory. go to your dashboard and click the pencil top right then click on the three dots and select manage resources click the add resource button and add this line /local/timeout.js and module should already have a tick in it then click update bottom right. Then hit the back arrow top left and click on the 3 dots again and this time select raw configuration editor.
at the top paste the below code and then save.
view_timeout:
timeout: true
default: dashboard-home <----NOTE change this to your dashboard name
duration: 12000
download GitHub - thomasloven/lovelace-card-tools: 🔹A collection of tools for other lovelace plugins to use and add card-tools.js in the www directory then go to your dashboard and click the pencil top right then click on the three dots and select manage resources click the add resource button and add this line /local/card-tools.js and module should already have a tick in it then click update bottom right

Then restart home assistant
if you were sucessfull you should be able to change a page and wait 12 seconds and it will change back automatically.