Switch Manager - New refined switch integration to manage your switches

Hey, I’ve the same issue here… I’ve been using the Awesome HA Blueprints up until now to utilize my IKEA E1743 remotes for controlling my lights, but that blueprint seems to be abandoned.

I tried using Switch Manager, but ran into the same issue as you - upon holding the up/down button the brightness goes down/up by one step, but then stops.

By reinstalling everything from scratch, what do you mean exactly?

Hey,

Initially I had HA installed on a PC. I did a total rebuild on a Raspi 4 and was able to get the hold working for a while. However, it’s since stopped and I’ve abandoned trying altogether. I just use stepped increase in brightness now on multiple presses.
I even tried binding the switches directly to light groups in Z2m and that worked sometimes, but other times it wouldn’t.
I think it’s the Ikea switches that are the issue rather than Switch Manager.

Cd

1 Like

Thanks! On a pi4 here as well, but damned if I’d do a full rebuild here :smiley: Too much stuff to be rebuilt… I’ll continue to use Awesome HA Blueprint then, since a fork of that still works with hold for the moment. Shame that Switch Manager doesn’t, as it seems to be actively developed…

1 Like

hi, i’m using this to manage the hue dimmer switches i have.

i have 4 x 324131092621 (the ones with a separate on and off button), and 1 x 929002398602 (the one that has a single on/off button).

the 324131092621 are all working fine, however the 929002398602 i’m not sure how to configure, if press the power button on the switch it turns the lights on, but then how to a configure it to power them off using the same button?

this is how the power button is currently configured

You can either check the state of the entities and do something different based on that or use the light.toggle service instead of light.turn_on/.turn_off.

1 Like

good call, sometimes the obvious evades you

I have bunch of Ecosmart 4 button switches added to Z2M, Is there a way we can get them added to the Switch manager blueprints?
This is the device page on Z2M : Leedarson 6ARCZABZH control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

is it possible to adjust the dim level increments?
at the moment it is quite a stark brightness change with each press of the dim up/down button.

i’d like to make a bit a more smooth if possible.

Hi,

Complements for the creation off this integration!
I am trying to add a non supported switch. Livarno / Lidl FB21-001
(Lidl FB21-001 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT)

It almost works only the Off doesn’t. In debug mode you see the off being triggered but no action is triggered. Any idea how to move forward?

name: Lidl (FB21-001)
service: Zigbee2MQTT
event_type: mqtt
mqtt_topic_format: zigbee2mqtt/+/action
buttons:
  - x: 2
    y: 2
    width: 189
    height: 159
    actions:
      - title: init
        conditions:
          - key: payload
            value: on
      - title: press
        conditions:
            value: switch_scene
    y: 161
    height: 90
    actions:
        conditions:
            value: brightness_step_up
      - title: hold
        conditions:
            value: brightness_move_up
      - title: hold (released)
        conditions:
            value: brightness_stop
    y: 251
    height: 90
    actions:
        conditions:
            value: brightness_step_down
      - title: hold
        conditions:
            value: brightness_move_down
      - title: hold (released)
        conditions:
            value: brightness_stop
    y: 341
    height: 159
    actions:
        conditions:
            value: off

anyone???

In light.turn_on there is a “Brightness Step” setting. This should allow you do decide from 0 to 100% how much to change the level on each step.

I’m talking about when the light is already on.
With the light on, pressing the dim up or down button the coming steps are quite jarring

Despite the name, the service works even when the light is already on.

can you confirm which setting?

when i set “brightness step” to 10% the power on button no longer functioned at all, so i had to disable that setting again which then allowed the power on button to function.

Brightness step, yes. Not sure what you mean by “the power on button” in this context?

It’s a 4 button hue remote - on, dim up, dim down, off

The one place those brightness settings exist is in the settings for the “on” button which only turns the light on

I think you need to post your configuration in YAML format so that we can take a look. This does not sound right. (You should configure the brightness steps for Up/Down, not for On/Off.)

Correct, but the dim up/down button has no config options other than the action which it increase or decrease brightness

Well, of course to use the light.turn_on service, you need to configure it to use the light.turn_on service instead of a device trigger.

That button isn’t the light on button, it’s the dim button

There is a separate button solely for turning the light on, as I said it’s a 4 button switch

1 button solely for turning the light on
1 button for dim up
1 button for dim down
1 button for turning the light off

When I press dim up or down (once the light is already on) the brightness steps are too harsh