Switch.. physical + web

hi all. Is it possible to use physical switch and web switch to work as one.
Don’t want to remove my physical switches in the house. Have kids :slight_smile:

Tnx

Hi, depends on what your using for your physical switch, I have some Sonoff, and wifi glass in the UK and they work ok but don’t report the state back to the HA interface if someone manually turns them on, Wifi glass are nice but not cheap and you need to set them up via IFTTT, broad link are also good with the RM Pro, there are loads of options, see

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/what-wall-switch-options-are-there/17103

Thanks. Its for a light switch.

You could get a Z-Wave switch module (like this) or switch (like this), or a Zigbee wall switch (like this).

Those you can interface directly with HA, using an appropriate controller (Z-Wave stick, or the Xiaomi gateway). These all provide local control, as people expect, and allow you to automate them at the same time.

1 Like

those fibaro zwave relays are great that sit behind the wall switch or a complete zwave switch but £$ was my limitation with those, they are expensive here. Broadlink rm pro does a lot for controlling all your IR and RF compatible devices (that is most of mine) and also broad link RF light switches which will be my next choice, all mine are affected by distance / obstacles. I use plenty Zwave sockets for lighting that plugs in which were cheap @ £50 for 5, with an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 (I have the house heating, movement/temp and sockets on this). I like the idea of the wifi wall switches, the only thing with the wifi glass wall switch was it does drop the connection now and again

It really depends on how your house is wired.

Do you have a neutral in the switch box? Can you access the switch wiring from somewhere that you access a neutral wire?

If so then you can use a sonoff as above (and if its programmed properly it will indeed send the switch status back to ha) or zwave or any of many platforms

I use both sonoffs (very cheap) and zwave (more expensive but a little more stable).