Switch relays with raspi and push button

Hi, I´m working on gardenlights. I have 4 relays working in HA. Now I want to
turn the relay on with a hardware push button in my garden.
I´ve connected a button with a resistor to 3.3v and to a gpio port.
Now I need the “code” for the configuration.yaml.

Thanks for your help!!!

Need more details. Is HA running on the PI? Do you want to use pull or push method?

~Cheers

Hi, HA is running on the PI. I want to push the button and the relay goes on. If I push the button again the relay goes off. I hope that can help.

Thanks

So you would need this then: https://home-assistant.io/components/switch.rpi_gpio/

~Cheers

Hi, that´s the code i used to switch the relays over the web interface. But I want
to have some “real” buttons on the wall in the garden wich can turn the relay on an off.

Sorry I linked the wrong one. This is the one you want probably: https://home-assistant.io/components/binary_sensor.rpi_gpio/

~Cheers

Cool, the button works. Now I want to tell the button that if I push the button
once eg. relay1 goes on. If I push the button again the relay1 goes off.
Any idea?

thanks

Naive suggestion: Use an automation triggered by your button to do an action to “toggle” the switch controlling the relay.

Have the button press toggle a switch, and automations that run based on what should happen when the switch goes off or when the switch goes on, I think this is what @MojaveTom is getting at.

Thanks for your answers.
Do you have any example code witch I can use? I´m new at HS and have a lot
to learn.
This is what I have right now (there are some german words in it):

# Raspberry Pi Switches To Control GPIO Pins
switch:
  platform: rpi_gpio
  assumed_state: false
  ports:
    13: Relay 1 Kirschbaum
    19: Relay 2 Licht Brunnen
    21: Relay 3 Brunnen
    26: Relay 4 Licht Mauer
#20: Relay 5 Taster
#9: Relay 6
#10: Relay 7
#11: Relay 8
#23: DHT11 Sensor
#18: GPIO 18
#22: GPIO 22
#23: GPIO 23
#24: GPIO 24
#25: GPIO 25
#26: GPIO 26
#27: GPIO 27
  invert_logic: true

# Example configuration.yaml entry
binary_sensor:
  - platform: rpi_gpio
    ports:
      4: Licht Kirschbaum

Like many people before I encourage you to use english names in your config and only german stuff for friendly names…far less trouble that way…but anyway!

I do not have a raspi setup with gpio so the entity_ids and states I am using might be wrong (see the devtools for correct ones):

automation:
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.rpi_gpio_4
  action:
    service: switch.toggle
    data:
      entity_id: switch.rpi_gpio_13

PS: Devtools are on the left side navigation at the bottom

~Cheers

Hi, I past the code in the config. I get an automation field in the UI but nothing happened.
I´ll try now some other gpio pins.

Thanks

I´ve changed the entity_id and it works. Now I can push the button and
the relay turns on.

Sorry, for my next question! I want to push the button on time and the relay goes on and stay on. If I push the button again the relay goes off. How can I make this?

Thanks so much for your help!!

If I am not mistake this should already work this way. If not maybe someone else has to chime in because I don’t know enough of the raspi gpio component. But usually switches are toggles and stay in one state.

~Cheers