Switch Zigbee Tuya TS011F with ZHA turns off only after a few seconds

I experience the same issues: randomly the outlets switch to off. Very annoying when having a computer attached to it.

Since I see many have problems I don’t think I buy Tuya anymore.

I have purchase 3 of these and experiencing same issue that the plugs randomly turns off.
I am using ZHA with conbee 2 coordinator. Not sure if have to update any firmware? But I do not have a tuya zigbee bridge to pair and use with Tuya App. Anyone able to resolve this issue? Very annoying as I was planning to use the plug as energy monitor.

Hi,
I’ve also bought 2 of theses Aubess TS011f plugs.
Both turn off after a few hours. Regardless of there is load on them or not.
I’ve found the only use of them as loading station, as example for wall tablet. It gets switched on, runs for a short time and gets switched off and rests so until the next action.

Exactly the same here, have contacted the seller.

I have 4 of them, same thing. Turn on and off at random.
What a f…g waste. Maybe its a firmware problem ?

I believe the reason why it switch off after 2 seconds is due to connections issue. I add a bulb in between and it fixed my problem. So I hope this give you all some fixes

I have the same issue. I have two of these. Both randomly turns off. It usually happens overnight so when I wake up, I find all devices conencted turned off. Very annoying. I have even bought a Ttuya zigbee hub in the hope that firmware update would solve the issue. But after pairing it with Tuya hub it says it is on fw 1.0.4 and it is the lates version. So i am stuck here with this.

I have a few of these AliExpress ones and have been having exactly the same issues with a couple of the plugs. Some seem to correct themselves if repaired however I noticed that when I do this the issue seems to migrate to another plug which was rock solid before, very odd.

I have recently been looking to build a Zigbee2Mqtt connector for similar plugs from Ajax Online which involved running through the logs on the Tuya API to locate the data points and spotted that (I assume) most of these plugs have a timer function including a “random” option. Not checked with the AliExpress versions but I am wondering if this could somehow be the source? It certainly seems random.

That said I have recently seen on another thread (can’t remember where) that it may be connected to some sort of glitch with the Voltage measurement in that the plugs see the voltage somehow drop to 0 which triggers the switching… not checked this either but worth seeing if anything is picked up in logger/history or via Influx.

There is a longer discussion of the same problem here:

That also mentions the voltage drops.
I have that aswell with my plug that I just received today from AliExpress, definitely not okay, and around 11:46 I also already had the plug turning itself off once :frowning:
grafik

Same issue here with the tuya plugs that grinco has
I bought 7 pieces,
all of them are doing it,
i dont have a Tuya hub, not gonna buy one, this is just sad
the older (round tuya plugs) didn have that issue,
i’m gonna request a reffund , and look for another brand

Ok so I am pretty sure now this is related to a lack of shielding within this type of plug. After finding the AliExpress versions unreliable I decided to try an alternative product with a hope of a better quality build. I now have 2 of these plugs: Zignito

Having quickly tested they also appeared to have the same issue of randomly switching off so the theory of build quality is debunked. However… today whilst cooking my lunch I found something interesting… we have one of the above plugs in the kitchen connected to my wife’s second monitor (work from home). As soon as I went to use the ignition to the gas hob the plug switches off… I was able to reliably repeat this (much to my wife’s annoyance)… as such I suspect the random switching is being caused by this type of electrical interference. I suspect a lot of peoples gas boilers create a similar interference upon ignition.

Be interested to see if others could reproduce this.

1 Like

I agree on the interference theory.

I did not have this problem UNTIL I moved the switch from my wall outlet to a power bar. Now it switches off daily, whilst it never did so before.

Maybe it is interference,
But that still does not explain why the old (round plug)
Doesn have any issues and messure the power without a problem, or error
Even de same plug but than the wifi version doesn have any issue for me
I still think this is a firmware issue,

I believe some users at the Z2M forums already out ruled interference at this topic: Tuya TS011F (TZ3000_typdpbpg) powers off · Issue #11648 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

1 Like

I wish I’d seen this thread before buying some of these plugs.
I got the same crap, they’re turning off after a few seconds.

Same here I got 8 of them, all of them turn off on their own

I have one (Aubess branded) that does the same. Last Tuya device I’ll ever buy.

FYI for anyone who finds this thread, there is now a solution for some tuya devices that can be found in this thread.

tl;dr:
There is new firmware available in zigbee2mqtt for TZ3000_tpdpbpg, which fixes the bug that turns the plugs off. Your mileage may vary if you have a different type of TZ3000_xxxxxxx type.

Do you mean this one?

just came across this thread as well. Has anyone done the firmware upgrade or had any success?