Switchbot Bot Keeps Becoming Unavailable

Hi,

I am very new with Home Assistant and a beginner so bare with me!

I just got a switchbot bot, I didn’t get the hub as I read it will work with Home Assistant. However I am running into an issue where the bot will become unavailable after only a few minutes. I have scoured the internet and heaps of forums but I haven’t found a solution.

I am using the switchbot integration and it automatically comes up when adding a new device and connects with no issue.
I am able to use the switch with no delay or interference however after only a few minutes it will become unavailable and won’t respond.
I have to reload the Bluetooth integration for it to work but it will only last a few minutes. I use an Intel NUC with the inbuilt Bluetooth.
I am not using any BLE integrations.

It seems like either the device or the Bluetooth “falls asleep” once there is no interaction.

The only temporary solution I am thinking is having some kind of automation that will reload the Bluetooth integration when the device becomes unavailable however that would be constantly running every 5 or so minutes.

Anyone having similar issues with the switchbot integration or know a solution?

1 Like

Could be a signal strength issue. Switch it’s report RSSI don’t they?

Post those values over time here.

I have the same problem. It begins just after the update of HA OS to 10 I think.
I have a bluetooth light and there is no problem with it

It might be related : https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/issues/2485

It appears that it’s HA OS 10 the culprit. Rollback to 9.5 and everything works fine again

1 Like

Thanks this has worked!

Hope it can be fixed in future updates.

Issue still present

My issue is solved by turnOn passive scanning in Bluetooth Integration settings →

Update 10.3 has fixed the issue!

For me the issue remains, even after updating to OS 10.3. Passive scanning was already enabled.
Note that after one of the previous upgrades, bluetooth stopped working altogether until I manually installed apk add gcc musl-dev bluez-dev.

I am having the same issue. I am running the 2023.9.2 in docker on an intel NUC. It was working fine until about 1-2 months ago. I have to reboot the NUC to get the bluetooth back to connect to the Switchbot curtains. I thought at first maybe it was low battery on the switch bot, or firmware on the switch bot. I charged and updated and it did not help. I then thought maybe the host OS needed to be updated, so I updated ubuntu to the latest versions as well. Still it seems after 1 day (2 at the most), my switchbots become unavailable. I have not moved anything or made any other changes other than updating the firmware, the OS and the docker for HA. Anyone else still having this issue

This is happening to me as well. What NUC hw do you have? mine is a NUC8I5BEK. I really don’t need to reboot my NUC but rather reload the integration. I created this issue to track the problem.

1 Like

I have the same issue with i13 NUC.
Home Assistant 2023.10.5
Supervisor 2023.10.1
Operating System 11.1
Frontend 20231005.0 - late

Hi, I have this issue but I think another reason.

My situation:
4 switchbots: 2 in front of house, 2 in back.
Multiple esp32 bluetooth proxy active devices.
Most of the time they are all 4 available.

But sometime, every 2 days the 2 in front of the house become unavailable. Reloading them in integrations bring them back right away.

Any clue?

Anyone managed to resolve this? Have the same issue with all switchbot devices.

My SwitchBot integration has worked great from the start many months ago. But after a Home-Assistant update it died. Have uninstalled it twice and reinstalled and added devices (8). Still not communicating with blinds control but battery is working. Also the temp/ humidity sensor continues to function.
I am so sick of updates being thrown out that break things and we are left to spend hours and hours figuring out what was F***UP!
I know we need updates but they need to be handled better when a know issue is created.

1 Like